Chapter 11

The following day, everyone in the pack could clearly see, that Austin and Selina were now marked mates.

Not only had their scents combined, being the first clue or the fact every werewolf could see the bite mark. It was also the amusing fact of seeing the couple constantly in a lip-lock battle or cuddling, always near each other, constantly within touching distance.

Or the most obvious fact...the way Austin walked around with his chest puffed out.

Cole could only shake his head in amusement, he knew that while Austin had marked Selina, they still had not completed the bond.

And that work was going to take a back seat for a bit.

He knew, that he could not keep them apart for long periods, especially the first few days of marking each other.

So...sitting in their office, he could only huff in frustration, the two lovebirds were not paying any attention.

Only to smirk slightly, when his mate, Mara, mind linked him and reminded him of the time when they first met.

Shaking his head, he stood up and quietly left the office, unawares to the other two, making his way to his mate and spending quality time with the love of his life, instead of sitting there in the office and getting nothing done for the day.

Selina had forgotten the lessons taught, when it came to mates. Even though they had marked each other, they had not completed the bond.

Meaning that both of their wolves would want to stay within arm's length of each other, strengthening the bond and pushing towards completing the mating.

Which worried her a bit, was she ready to go that far? Would the scars disgust Austin?

These were thoughts that constantly plagued her, because of her uncertainty and mistrust. She had pushed towards the marking. Now after the fact, reality set in and she was back to calling herself all kinds of fools.

And as she sat on Austin's lap in the office, her need to reassure herself, overwhelmed her.

She needed skin on skin contact and to inhale his intoxicating scent, too calm herself...

Austin knew that he should have taken the day off. He knew that attempting to work, would be a bust.

But it was the only way he knew he could control his wolf, being in public there wasn't the risk of him ravishing his mate and completing the mate bond.

Being at home, there were all kinds of ways he could corner his mate and he was trying really hard, to keep his hormones in check.

Sensing that Cole had left the office, he groaned in frustration, the barrier that kept him sane, was gone.

And it didn't help that Selina kept kissing along his neck or her hands to wander under his shirt.

Taking deep calming breaths of her scent, he tried to remind himself that anyone could walk in, after all, they had an open door policy for anyone to come and talk to them freely.

Needing just a taste, he grasped her chin and kissed her passionately. Moaning at the feel and taste of her silken tongue against his, her moans urging him on, to deepen the kiss.

Just as he was about to give in, losing his self-control, and ravish his mate, right there on his desk, without thought or sense, that someone could walk in.

The shrill ringtone of his cell phone, penetrated his lust-filled mind...