Chapter 17

Days had passed since they had completed their mating, Austin gazed lovingly and protectively at his family.

Selina and Chloe were playing outside in the front yard, their laughter and giggles, bringing joy and contentment to his heart.

Soon, their family would grow, he hadn't told Selina yet, but early that morning, he had noted that her scent had changed.

He and his wolf had been ecstatic, making gentle love to their mate, paying homage to her beauty and to the precious life, she carried.

He knew that he had to tell her, though the opportunity hadn't yet arisen. After making love, they had to get up and take care of Chloe and their daily duties.

In addition, there was still a major life changing issue to discuss with her.

Leo had yet again called, reminding him of the decision, he needed to make and they needed a response soon.

Selina gazed in the direction too where Austin stood, vigilantly watching over them. Smiling she made her way towards him, wrapping her arms around his waist, resting her chin on his chest, as she gazed lovingly up at him.

Austin protectively embraced his mate, smiling back down at her.

"You are the love of my life, I am so glad that the Moon Goddess gave me you, as my mate." He spoke, placing a gentle kiss on her temple, "You are my universe, as well as Chloe..." Then moving his hand down towards her belly, "And our little pup."

"You mean..." She asked, placing her hand over his, glancing first down and then back up at him, seeing the love and truth shining from his eyes.

Laughing in happiness, at the gift they had been given.

Seeing the happiness in his mate, Austin gathered her into his arms, lifting her up and kissing her passionately, her joy filling his heart completely.

"Why are you laughing...?" A little voice asked beside them.

Setting his mate down, Austin went down and scooped little Chloe into his arms, "You are going to be a Aunt." He told her.

"What is a Aunt...?" She asked, frowning at him and then looking towards her sister.

Selina smiled at her sister, "It means that I am having a baby and that you are going to be its Aunt." She tried to explain simply.

"Okay..." Chloe responded, still not sure, what that meant, shrugging her shoulders, pouting at them.

Austin laughed, taking his mate's hand and carrying little Chloe, he made his way into the house, "You will one day understand..." He gently told Chloe, "Just know that we will always love you and that soon our family will grow."

Later that evening, after Chloe had gone to bed, Austin and Selina lay cuddled together on the couch, enjoying the quietness of the night and each other's company.

"There is something else I need to talk to you about." He stated, after a moment of silence.

"And what is that?" She asked, moving slightly to look at him.

"Leo and Eli came to me with a proposal..." He responded, not elaborating further.

Sensing the seriousness of the discussion, she climbed onto his lap, tilting her head sideways, "And what would that be?" She asked, watching him intently.

Huffing in frustration, "They asked if I wanted to become Alpha of Red Moon." He mumbled out.

"But you are not an Alpha?" She asked, clearly confused.

"No...But I still have Alpha blood running through my veins." He informed her.

Thinking about his words, it finally made sense, "Okay, I can understand that...then what is the problem. And don't lie to me, I can sense there is a but..." She asked.

"I'm a Delta, somebody who is able to calm a wolf, somebody that assists a Luna...how can I be a Alpha?" He asked, sighing in defeat.

They sat there for a few moments in silence, each contemplating the choices they had to make, "Perhaps...this is what the pack needs." She stated, placing a finger on his lips, halting his protest.

"This pack doesn't need another domineering Alpha, what they need is too heal. And you would be the perfect candidate for the job, they trust you to keep them safe." She continued, "And I will support you in whatever choice you make, no matter what."

"Are you ready to be a Luna...?" He asked.

"I'll be whatever you decide me to be..." She spoke firmly, "As long as you are beside me, nothing else matters. Titles mean nothing, as long as I have you."

"I love you...you know that?" He asked, giving her a kiss.

"Ditto..." She replied, giving him a cheeky grin.