Chapter 9: Trip Back Memory Lane Part 1

Sherrinford's POV
We quickly got out of the car and rushed to the airport. I already had people to take care of my car so I left it where I told them where to pick it up.

"Flight to Paris, France is now boarding on Entrance 3. I repeat, the flight to Paris, France is now boarding on Entrance 3" Someone said through the speaker. We quickly rushed to Entrance 3.

"Why are we in a hurry?" Elizabeth asked me pulling me to a stop. "Because I have a feeling they're going to catch us before we even get to the damn plane" I snapped at Elizabeth. She just nodded knowing I was desperate to leave.

"SHERRINFORD!" I heard a shout and that's when we ran as fast as we can to Entrance 3 knowing that the voice was Mycroft bloody Holmes. I'm not those stupid people who stop in their tracks and look around when being called by someone who's clearly after them.

"Entrance 3 will be closing in 5 seconds" The voice on the speaker warned us

We quickly gave the flight attendant our passport and boarded the plane and the flight attendant shut the door and led us to first class where we noticed that there was barely people there. Besides us, there was 3 guys chilling at the bar and 4 girls chatting at one table.

Elizabeth and I looked at each other and shrugged and we went to our seats. It's a trip back memory lane

Mycroft's POV
"SHERRINFORD!" I shouted and that's when I saw her running away. It was just me and Doctor Watson since Sherlock told us he had something to do which I just let go and didn't care.

We chased them as fast as we could but lost them. There was a huge crowd that went through us causing us to lose sight of them. We sighed in defeat and just went back exhausted. I gave Doctor Watson $100 thanking him for helping. We separated ways and called it a night.

~Mycroft's Dream~ (also a flashback to where they first met)
It was 2008 and I was outside the building where a ball was happening waiting for who ever my date was. I rarely cared for things like this but it was of national importance so I had to step in.

A limousine parked right in front if me where I saw a woman dressed in red. I recognized her face but couldn't put my finger on who she is. There was a slit on the lower side of her dress revealing her legs. She was wearing bright red heels and a red purse to match her dress.

"Mr. Holmes. My name is Sherrinford, code name Venus. I will be your date and partner for this disastrous night" she introduced. I have got to say that was one hell of an introduction.

Venus. That's where I recognize her. She is the best MI-6 agent we have.

I nodded and held out my arm for her to grab and walked inside the building.

"If you don't mind me asking Mr. Holmes, why would you go on a mission like this? You never do missions especially with leg work" she asked

"Well this was of national importance so I can't let any of you screw it up. Anyways back to the mission, we're here to guard the ambassador of the United States to keep our alliance with them. There has been a threat sent to them so we are here to prevent that" I explained to her as she nodded and I could tell that she's already thinking of a plan. This woman is good.

"My turn to question you, why do women wear dresses with slits on the side?" I asked her making her laugh and shake her head. Cute. Wait what?

"Most women wear it for design and to attract men with their legs" she explained to me but I wanted to know why she wore it.

"But I'm assuming you're not most women. You're the best MI-6 agent out there so why choose a dress like this and I doubt that it's suppose to tempt me" I told her making her laugh. Adorable. What is happening to me?

"You're quite fast than most people Mr. Holmes. It's refreshing" she complimented me.

"To answer your question, I had to hide my gun and knives somewhere where I can easily reach them, right?" She asked me. Clever girl.

I drank my wine and offered my hand to her. Something I was surprised myself.

"This is getting boring and the night is young so shall we dance m'lady?" I asked her teasingly something that again I never thought I would ever do.

She giggled at my actions "We shall" she said taking my hand as we danced along the music.

"You know, you're not as bad as people say you are" she said to me which made me furrow my eyebrows

"Oh? What do people say?" I asked her quite curious on what people thought about me. Not that it would bother me, I was curious on what she heard about me which made me nervous somehow. I don't understand it.

"They say that you're heartless and you're as cold as an ice" she explained which made me smile a bit. I built that kind of reputation to warn people not to mess with me.

"And what changed your mind about me?" I asked her my curiosity growing each second. She smiled at me warmly. If people say I'm as cold as an ice then she's the only one that can melt me with her smile. What am I saying?

"I see someone who has so many walls but when broken down, you see someone who's been longing to be loved by someone but is afraid to get hurt. Someone who Can't Handle A Broken Heart" she explained which made me freeze at her words. The music stopped and I was still frozen from her words. We walked back to the side and left the ball when back up who will protect the ambassador arrived.

We parted ways and for that night I can't seem to sleep.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*
I woke up to my alarm blaring and shouting at my ears. Well that was a nice trip back memory lane.

|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|
The dream is inspired by Polkadottedgiraffe11's God Save the Queen. I did want to use Phoenix as the code name but I just felt that I would be taking it from the story.

This chapter is longer than usual. Whew that dream really took most of the chapter hehehe. In dreams you will be able to see the blanks of their past filled. So I plan on putting more dreams. So if you have any questions about their past, just comment and I might answer them with a dream.

For the timeline, when they first met, Mycroft and Sherrinford were both 23 years old. I don't exactly know how old Mycroft was and now this 2020 so just a wild guess. Besides it's my fanfic.

Sherrinford saying "It's a trip back memory lane", I'm getting there ;). And yes with a dream. I mean they are in a plane so they can easily fall asleep. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

XD