Chapter 3 ~ Secret Boyfriend

"Please tell me you have something other than sugary cereals," I grimaced, looking in disgust at the Pop Tarts, Oreos, Timbits and Capn Crunch cereals.

"No my dad doesn't pick up the groceries till this afternoon so this is all we've got. Don't tell me you don't like Pop Tarts!" Katelyn said as she grabbed the Pop Tarts cereal.

"Can't say that I'm a big fan," I grimaced. "I'll just grab some toast and Peanut Butter," I decided.

"You're weird."

"Says you," I laughed.

I had just sat down with my sandwich when the doorbell rang. Katelyn turned to me with pleading eyes.

"Let me guess, you're too scared to open the door?"

She nodded. In her defence, Lost Boys has some 'disturbing imagery' that isn't for the faint of heart or for small children. Katelyn could be described as both.

"You're such a baby," I teased playfully.

"I know... but just don't invite them inside, ok?" she asked.

"Of course not, the last thing we want is a mullet wearing vampire in the house."

I rolled my eyes and opened the door. I obviously wasn't expecting a vampire, but I also wasn't expecting my once very giant boyfriend.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked anxiously, closing the door slightly behind me.

"Ummm you're the one that called me, remember? You weren't at your place so I thought I'd find you here."

"Oh yeah... sorry I forgot. Um, right now isn't a great time-"

"I always had a feeling you had a secret boyfriend."

I jumped and turned around. Kaitlyn was directly behind me, her bowl of diabetes in hand. I always forget how small she is, and how stealthy she can be.

"No I don't, I've never seen this-" I started.

"I'm a secret?" Nathaniel said as he leaned against the doorframe.

I glared at him. Sometimes he is so stupid!

"Well yeah I thought I was too?"

"Oh come on Émelie, aren't you forgetting I'm a total catch. If I don't brag about my super hot girlfriend I will have a lot of other girls after me," he smirked.

"You are unbelievably arrogant you know that?" I scoffed.

"I do believe I just gave you a compliment."

"You also complimented yourself, so it doesn't count."

"I'm still waiting on an introduction," Katelyn intervened.

Well there was no point in lying to her now...

"Right, Katelyn this is Nathaniel... my boyfriend."

I haven't told anyone else about Nathaniel, and introducing him like this made me feel... nice. And I had that excited butterfly feeling in my stomach. Even though we've been together for over a year, the butterflies still kept coming back. Ew I sound so corny.

"Pleasure to meet you tall sir," Kaitlyn beamed as she extended her hand.

Nathaniel looked at me, before shaking her hand. He had to bend down slightly, as he was currently 6'4 (so he could still be taller than me) and Katelyn was a mere 5'1."

"I've heard lots about you," Nathaniel said while giving a charming smile.

Katelyn released his hand.