~The Seventeenth~

Waning: Steamy suggestions~

When Alastor walks through the front doors of the Happy Hotel, everyone is surprised. I know this because that's when I sneak through the back. I climb through the laundry room window, but it's so fricken tiny that I have to squeeze like there's no tomorrow. I glance at the calendar. "Holy Hell," I whisper.

The calendar says that it's the 16 of March. Wow! The day after tomorrow is my first DeathDay. I don't dwell on the fact I've been here for a year, and instead focus on opening the door with out being caught. I wonder if Zain is celebrating his DeathDay today? I shake the thought out of my head. Focus. I tip toe out into the hallway, freezing as I see everyone a few paces by the stairs. 

Everyone is facing Alastor and not the stairs, so as long as I'm silent, no one should see me. I tip toe past everyone, lightly grasping the banister. Step. Step. Step. Step. My heart rate increases every step I make, throwing glances over my shoulder ever two seconds to make sure that Alastor has got distraction under control. Once I'm clear of the stairs, I slump against the wall, sighing with relief.

"Coulda used the elevator, ya know," Scarlett was looking at me from an open doorway along the hallway. "There's no need to race up some steps if you can't take it."

I give a snort that's much louder than I had wished it was. "What was that?" I hear Zain asks. Of course, with his expert hearing almost as good as mine, he would be the one that screws me over.

"Oh, that's why," Scarlett raises an eyebrow, a knowing smile slinking it's way across her features. "Sneaking, really?"

I wince. "Shuttup," I hiss.

"Calm your farm, gurl," she holds her hand up. "I aint gonna snitch."

"Cheers," I grumble. I sniff the air, the scent shifting almost unnoticeably. I jolt up from my casual position on the wall. "Can I?"

Scarlett says nothing, just stepping inside, leaving the door open. I rush in, silently closing the door behind me. "Thanks,"

"No problem," I notice that Scarlett's in the same attire as before, the hood up covering her purple hair.

"Not to be rude, or anything, but what are you?" Scarlett doesn't look like I've just kicked her puppy, like people normally do when that question pops up. Rather, she looks like she knew I was going to ask that.

"I'm an I don't know,"

"A what?"

"An I don't know," she giggles. "Doesn't have a name. But pretty much, unless I've saved your life, or put it in danger, if I don't want someone to remember me, they won't."

"What?" I sat cross legged on her floor, listening out for Zain, who was out in the hallway.

"If I give someone something that belongs to me, they remember me,"

"So how come I remember you?"

"Because I saved your life. If I had put your life at risk, you'd also remember me," She shrugged like this information wasn't earth shattering. Hell shattering, rather.

"Huh," is all I say. I listen intently, smiling as the sound and smell of Zain and company disappear. "Ha ha! I win mother fucker."

"What you do with your mother is your own business," Scarlett laughed at the face I made her. I get up and open the door, peeking out.

"Coast is clear," before I close the door, adding "Thanks for your help. This time and last."

With that, I head for the elevator, making sure my hair is still covering my scar. I check the crumpled piece of paper that was stuffed in my back pocket, and head to room 53. I open the unlocked door and close it behind me. His entire room smells like strawberries. I sigh, breathing it in. I pull off my shoes and belly flop on the bed, giggling. Suddenly, a red strawberry is on the bed too, arms encircling me and keeping me close. I giggle again, turning around so I can look at him.

"What's that look for?"

"You, my love, are one unique specimen,"

"I don't know if I should feel flattered or insulted," Alastor just raised an eyebrow. "Just saying, I'm taking it as a compliment. It's better for my ego."

"Good thing I meant it that way then, isn't it love?"

"Mhm." After a while of cuddling and teasing, I realise that I want to go talk with Zain, after all, we had been separated for so long.

"Su talun, can we go see everyone else now?" He just hugged me tighter, apparently asleep. I smirk. I bend my head down so I'm level with his neck. "Su talun~ you better wake up~"

He doesn't stir. I flush as a kiss and bite his neck, leaving a nice sized hicky. In return, Alastor flips me so he's on top, now very awake and with a weird look in his eyes again. "Eep!"

"Why did you do that?" I look up at him, my question sounding innocent to me.

"Why did you do this?" Alastor gestures to the lovely looking love mark I left on him.

I shrug. "You wouldn't wake up." I giggle. "And I wanted to~"

Alastor went red in the face, but otherwise kept his....... Encouraging disposition. To cut to the chase.... I didn't end up seeing Zain that day.

Authors note: 

.... 

take that as you will...

>/////<

*~Cheers~*