~The Nineteenth~

"Alastor!" I yell, my feet barely touching the ground as I race up the stairs. I make my way to room 53. I knock, but no one answers. I open the door and race inside. "Alastor?"

I can smell him, he's in here. I study the room, looking for anything out of place. The bed's a little messed up. That's fairly normal though. I sniff the air. Up. "There you are,"

"Looks like you forgot to check the ceiling for spiders," Alastor was clinging to the rafters, it was hilarious. I giggle. "My dear, if you pinch me-"

"Where's Charlie? I can't find her, and I over heard something that has me a little paranoid," I try to say it as nonchalant as I possibly can, to just slide over it. "I just...."

"It's fine, my dear," he jumps down, landing next to me. "What did you over hear?"

"Nothing really, it's just got my mind running a little," I smile. "But I do want to find Charlie. I couldn't find her."

Alastor seemed worried and confused, so as he took me to Charlie's room, I told him what I had over heard. "I mean, I don't usually eavesdrop, and I didn't mean to, but....."

Alastor had been silent during our conversation. "What makes you think that Ambrose is going after Charlie?"

"Who else would she be going after?" We finally pause outside Charlie's door. "Besides, she's the princess of Hell, so wouldn't she have some sort of value?"

"Darling...everyone has some sort of value," Alastor seemed uncomfortable, in a slight, minuscule way. I reach up and pull him into a quick kiss. I knock on the door. Charlie opens it and beckons us in.

"Please, I offer you a truce, please don't pinch me!" Charlie was laughing, clearly joking. "Are you alright V? You're looking quite pale."

"Yeah...I'm good...uh" I glance at Alastor, but he's no help, just making 'go ahead' motions with his hands. "I think..........someone.......wants to.........do something.........uh....to you.............and uh.........they want to......do it by......uhhh........tomorrow.....night.......?"

Charlie swooped me in a big hug. "Aww, thank you for worrying about me, but I'll be fine! I learnt one thing from my dad!" She stopped hugging me to make gorilla arms. "'You don't take shit from other demons'"

"Okay...... but can Alastor stay with you?" Alastor made a disbelieving face. "Please?"

He sighed. "Alright, I'll babysit."

"Gee thanks Al," Charlie said, trying to be sarcastic but was much too chipper.

"Thanks guys!" I pull them into a group hug. Much to Charlie's pleasure.

"My dear, will you stay with Zain?"

"Uh, sure! If he'll have me, I mean," i pause. "But first-"

I cut myself off by rushing forward and pinching the two of them. Charlie burst out laughing, while Alastor's eyes narrowed. "I'm going to put a tarantula in your jambalaya!"

"NO!!!!!!" I fake cry. "Why would you ruin a good tarantula?"

"You sly wolf,"

"Silly deer!" I leave them to find Zain.