✑From: Jinyoung

Tonight was date night. That meant Jinyoung got to play dress-up. Getting ready was always so much more fun, perhaps even more fun than the actual dates if he dared say so himself. That million-dollar smile that never failed to charm anyone and make them crumple in his presence made its way into his face as he stared at his reflection.

The vanity mirror in front of him was one of his favorite gifts he'd ever received. It had been an anniversary present from...

The name slipped his mind. Perhaps Matt? Mack? Max? It was something along those lines. He couldn't remember right now, but it wasn't important. That one had broken his heart, him and many others. Jinyoung kept the mirror so he considers it a win.

His hand was gentle, slow as he rubbed a toner onto his face before moisturizing. Dark hair was pushed back with one of those cute little spa headbands — the soft fluffy ones with the cute faces and animal ears. His was a bear; also a gift.

Once his skin was prepped and looking as refreshed as he liked, he went in with a steady hand to do a basic liquid eyeliner look. Nothing too extravagant, just enough to bring out his eyes a bit more. After all, they were one of his capturing features.

Cooling eye pads were applied beneath his eyes to reduce any signs of eye bags, a nose strip finding its way onto his face as well. He'd keep these things on while he got dressed. He'd already picked out his outfit, always prepared.

Tonight he went with a blue sweater with white stripes paired with a white turtleneck and light blue jeans. He spent twenty minutes debating whether or not he should tuck the sweater in and another fifteen minutes deciding whether or not he should add a belt to the fit.

One hour later and he was fully dressed, having decided against the belt and leaving the sweater untucked. White sneakers with a slight platform adorned his feet, upping his height by a near quarter of an inch. He was almost ready for the late-night beach date with his new beau.

Jinyoung seated himself at his vanity mirror once more, removing the eye pads and nose strip, applying a cool blue eyeshadow under his eyes to highlight them more and match his sweater. Now for the hair, a very important step.

Styling his hair was always the most time consuming, it took surprisingly only half an hour for him to get his dark locks to fall just right with the desired volume. He went with a faint peach tinted chapstick to finish off the look.

He was nearly ready, he just had one more thing to do.

Jinyoung stood from his vanity table and made his way over to his bedside dresser where a red gift box sat neatly wrapped. He took it delicately into two hands and exited his bedroom, going down to his basement, pushing past the door hidden behind his bookshelf and flicking on the lights. He smiled sweetly as he approached five neatly laid hand-crafted coffins. Each with a name engraved.

He walked to the one marked with a letter 'M' first, eyes squinting in the dim yellow-hued lights as he made out the name engraved.

He remembered the other four; Jaebum, Jackson, Youngjae, and the cute Thai one whose name he never was able to pronounce. It was just this one whose name had managed to somehow slip his mind. A proud smile found its way into his face as he read the name, the memories now coming back to him.

"Ah, Mark. That was your name~" he spoke softly to himself with a bitter chuckle, shaking his head and sighing out through his nose.

"You really were my favorite, too. I'd hoped you'd be different," Jinyoung spoke to the male concealed within the coffin, knowing he was unable to hear him and definitely not in any position to respond.

He moved on, speaking to all his former lovers laid in front of him now, saying, "It's date night. That means we celebrate! For each of you, a gift."

Jinyoung opened the red gift box, taking out five Polaroid photos of himself, all taken by the males from the date night he'd had with them. On the backs were the personalized notes that went into depth on how they'd hurt him, but how he would forgive them now that he could move on. He pinned each Polaroid to the coffin associated with its owner.

When he was done he stepped back with a sweet smile, "I really do hope this one is different. It truly would be a shame to have to add another to the collection. Wish me luck, my loves~"

He blew a kiss in the direction of the coffins before shutting off the lights once more and ascending the basement steps to re-enter his house, sliding the bookshelf in place just in time as he heard a knock at the door. Jinyoung grabbed a retro-style Polaroid camera from the top of the bookcase before answering the door with an endearing smile, eyeing his fate from head-to-toe pleasedly.

Yugyeom was his name. Hopefully, one that would stay close to his heart rather than engraved into wood with the others.

"You ready to go?" Yugyeom spoke, his voice so sweet. He seemed so shy, it was adorable.

Jinyoung nodded in response, stepping out and pulling his front door shut behind him before holding the camera out to Yugyeom.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Before we go, can you take a picture of me?"

Yugyeom nodded, replying with a "sure" followed by a smile as he stepped back a bit to snap the photo.

Jinyoung smiled his same signature charming smile, the one that all his past lovers had complimented. He took the camera into his hands when Yugyeom gave it to him to view. Smiling a little wider when he saw the picture. It was perfect.

He looked up at Yugyeom, smile directed to him.

"Thanks, Love. I want us to remember this night forever~"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑇𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑛 𝐼 𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑 🎉