Chapter 12 : Jamaica Monteverde

Maica's POV

I drove alone as I was listening to music. My ears couldn't just bare the silence that's why I play music every time i'm in the car.

Then suddenly I heard a phone call. My phone was in my pocket so I was easy for
me to notice that It was vibrating. I picked up my phone from my pocket and looked to see if who's calling. It was Stacy.

"Hey Cyst!" I said as I answered her while driving at the same time. I know this is not safe but hey what should I do?

"Hey, Maica. Umm, The doctors said that They'll be conducting an experiment for me. In that way, maybe I can get cured." She explained as she was in the line.

I felt happy but concerned at the same time. "Wow. That's great news Stacy. But, isn't that dangerous?" I said.

"I-Im not sure. Actually, it can be 50/50. But if for the sake of finding cure, ill go for it." She said in a serious tone.

"S--Stacy are you sure about this? I mean what if something bad happens? What it wont work?" I asked her.

I heard her sighed. "I guess we'll have to find out."

"What? Stacy this is so dangerous! Look I know that you want to be cured. I understand that. But just be sure that you'll be safe okay?" I said in an alarmed tone.

It took her seconds to respond. "Yes, I promise that." She said and then I put down my phone.

I continued to drive the rode and continued listening to Ed Sheeran. Thinking Out Loud, and Castle in a Hill is just screaming in my mind over and over again.

As I drove the dark long road my mind couldn't get over about Stacy. I mean she's my bestfriend and what if something bad happens her? What if this experiment that she's telling me will just be a big hoax in the end? I mean I can't stop my self from being so overdramatic.

It took me quite long to go home since the road was quite dark and my mind is dark as well. But luckily I went home safe.

As I reached the doorsteps of my home I noticed that my family is in the living room. It looks like there talking about something. I can see them in the window and it looks like its something serious. I opened the door and tried not to over react again.

"Oh darling you're home." My mom said as she went close to me and gave me a tight hug. I mean this is new.

"Jamaica baby come, sit." My Dad said as he convinced me to sit with them. It looks like serious matters are actually happening now. And what could this be?

I looked at Mom and Dad's eyes. They looked so serious. Then they gave a deep sigh as Dad started to explain. "You know we're business people right?" He asked. Like is that even a fckn question? Of course I know.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Ummm. You see Maica, Our business is really doing well here in the Philippines and so we decided to start making our business global. That's why we conduct foreign market research and identify international markets. And our fellow business persons there in abroad, is willing to help us para mapalawak ang ating negosyo. " he started. I just didn't catch up. What the hell are they talking about?

"So? Saan bansa ito Dad?"

"England."

Mom and Dad stared at Each others. "And that's why I think its best for us na doon muma tayo titira. So that we can make sure that this partner ship will succeed."