Chapter 17 : Reunited

One Year Later..

Stacy's POV

I parked my car in our backyard as I reached a dramatic sigh. My Dad is in the hospital helping Brick and his family. Its been a year though and still, no signs from him. No sign of recovery, no sign of waking up. And its honestly dreadful for all of us.

I didn't went to college thou. Kasi kaka recover ko palang last year sa aking sakit at naka pag desisyon akong sulitin ko muna at bawiin yung mga oras na nasa bahay lang ako at hindi nakakapag labas labas. So basically, I've spent my year just drooling around our city and living my life to the fullest.

Its been a year since nangyari ang accident. And things really changed in my world. And since Im not going to college, and my life has totally became normal. I still lived with dad and we've been fine.

After so many months still wala paring signs of Brick's recovery. And as days went on, I slowly felt fear of losing him. Marami akong natutunan at sa ilang buwang naging malaya ako, I've experienced quite a lot of the things that i've missed out during my days of being locked in my house.

But even the fullest experiences doesn't feel special at all. Without Maica and Brick, I still feel incomplete. With Brick in a comma, and Maica still not seen anywhere, its still feels like Im still not living my life.

But I promised Dad that Im going to school and I'll proceed to college as soon as Im done fixing my self. But it seems like Im not fixed yet.

I went straight into bed and wore my comfy pajamas. I tried to relax myself and not think of anything. But I couldn't. I stared at Brick's window, glaring over the dark window. The dark house that used to be so magical. I can still remember the day of our first date. It was in that house. It was full of magic. But now, it seems like its nothing more but a dark room.

Sinubukan kong matulog at isinara ang aking mga mata. Pero tila parang binabagabag parin ako ng kung ano anong bagay.

I moved over to the opposite direction where Im layin in my bed when I heard my phone rang.

My hands felt cold as I reached for my phone in the table where my lamp and picture frames are located. When I glanced at the screen I saw an unknown number. I didn't bother to think who it is so I just answered it.

"S-s-stace?" sabi ng babaeng pamilyar ang boses.

I frowned in confusion. "Sino to?" tanong ko. "Its Maica." she added.

I dropped my jaw as I heard her voice again. Its really her. After so many months, nagparadam siya ulit. Pero bakit ngayon lang?

"Maica?" tanong ko ulit. "Bat ngayon kalang nagparamdam?" Tanong ko. "Its been a year for God's Sake!" sigaw ko.

"Im sorry." She added.

"Look, Its a long story okay? Look pauwi na ako. Dyan nalang ako mag e-explain pag uwu ko." She added.

"I don't wanna hear about it." I said coldly.

Then I ended the call. It made me furious. Even though I can't deny that I missed her, Im still mad for her leaving me with no explanation. In the times that I needed her the most, the times that we needed her the most, nawala siya. Bigla nalang siyang umalis nang walang paalam.