Part 32

The Sting Force stormed towards Linnaeus's palace. Balla and Sytilla headed straight for the two guards that were posted at the front entrance. One of the guards rang a bell, which was used to alert the residents and guards about incoming threats or danger. Balla and Sytilla struck the two guards down before the help arrived. About a dozen other guards approached the intruders.

While the guards were getting bodied by the stingers, Felix flew to the front door and kicked it down. He walked in and saw Linnaeus waiting for him with his lion form already engaged and a sword in his right hand.

"You've gone far enough," said Linnaeus. "This ends here and now."

"You've got that right!" Felix yelled as he dashed in to attack.

# # #

After two days of biome cruising through the insect and spider domains, Sannis and the Sporadical crew stood before an army of spider warriors. The standoff took place in front of the Spider Domain castle. Everyone from both sides was already in their manek forms.

Mory became anxious at the sight of hundreds of freakish looking spider men. There were tarantulas, orb weavers, widows, jumping spiders, and just about every other lower classification. Their maneks gave them all four large spider legs and fangs that looked like nail stakes. Many of them also obtained extra eyes. If any of the Sporadical members had arachnophobia, they had probably already peed their pants. The dreary-looking castle behind them and the statues of former spider kings around them made the army look even more ferocious.

Shortly after the spora arrived, one of the spider-men approached them. His spider legs were metallic black. Mory could tell by looking at him that he had dangerous power. If he contained any venom, it was probably about as potent as his fear-provoking glare. He went to Sannis.

"Judging from your manek, I assume you're the alpha wolf of this pack?"

"I am the leader you're looking for," Sannis replied.

"Excellent. Follow me and I'll take you to Teraphon. Just you."

Sannis pointed at Malicus and said, "I'll be taking my second in command with me."

The black spider stared intently at Malicus for a moment and then said, "Very well. I'm sure Teraphon can deal with one other person, should things get out of hand."

They walked towards the castle through a field of spiders. When they reached the castle, they walked up some steps and then disappeared as they went through the main entrance. Gryphin and Barin stood at the front, ready to give orders if anything were to happen. Mory and Thacris were a few meters behind them. Mory looked at Thacris, who smiled and nodded at him. It was his way of wishing him good luck.

# # #

The lands of Keanos were devastated by the news of Linnaeus's death. He was defeated by the hands of Felix, the executioner wasp. Feudal lords Hielee, Galryas, and Sunari all went to the Land of Mammals to pay their respects to the lion. Rachias, the fish feudal lord, did not attend the funeral.

Thousands of people were gathered in front of the feudal lord palace to celebrate the life of Linnaeus. The ones sitting closest to his coffin were his two daughters and their mother. His older daughter, Mellora, became the new mammal feudal lord. She was twenty-six years old.

The emotional event was filled with sorrow. For some time, many people cried and shared their thoughts and feelings. When his loved ones were finished reminiscing about the time that they spent with him, the coffin was lifted by four palace guards. They carried it down the aisle that split the crowd into two halves. They went until they reached a horse that had a carriage attached to it. The coffin was gently placed in the carriage. The driver of the carriage brushed the reins he was holding across the horses back, and it moved forward. The people watched as the carriage rode off into the distance until it was no longer in the peoples' sights.

When the funeral was over, Hielee, Galryas, and Sunari stood near each other and talked.

"How the hell do they keep getting in," said Galryas. "I swear I'll have each one of their heads on stakes when I find them!"

Sunari placed her hands on Galryas's arm and said, "We'll all find them together. This is unforgivable. Linnaeus didn't deserve this."

Hielee was silent-saddened by the loss of his colleague and mentor. Once again, the lands of Keanos had been stung.