Hudson Hornets

Chapter 6

Hudson Hornets

Location: Radiator Springs

Time: 7:12AM

Grace drove out of her cone to see Ivy giggling to herself in front of her cone "You know you owe me!" Grace yelled making Ivy jump and turn to Grace "I knoooowwwwwww~ sorry for making u do that tho so to make it up i'll take u to get a cup of gas" Ivy said making Grace raise a lid "You don't have any money."

Ivy's face went blank "Uh...crap..." Ivy said, making Grace roll her eyes and giggle "I'll find a way for you to owe me~" Grace said, winking, making Ivy look at her a bit afraid "What you gonna dooooo?" Ivy asked "Oh I don't know...yet..." Grace said, making Ivy shiver..."L-Let's just go to Flo's...I'm thirsty..."

"Okay, I'm thirsty too. Do you think it'll be on the house again? We can't keep doing this." Ivy said as the two began to drive down the road "I don't know...what even is car currency?" Grace asked "I don't know...let's just go to Flo's so we can hang if she doesn't make it on the house again."

-Time skip to 9AM-

Everyone was now outside, Flo made it on the house again for Ivy and Grace even though they said she didn't have to. Everyone was chatting about random stuff as the girls listened in to the conversations. "Not gonna lie...last night was fun." Grace whispered to Ivy and Mater beside her "I know! We should do it again some time." The three of them snickered.

"Hiya folks." Everyone jumped then looked over at Doc driving over to them "Heya Doc!" The others greeted a little surprised Doc was out and about, he didn't come out that often so it was rare to see him outside. Grace looked to her side to see Ivy and Mater had disappeared "Um...Where did they go?"

"Hey Grace." Doc greeted as he backed up next to Grace "Oh hey Doc." Grace greeted.

"Thanks for driving me to my garage last night."

"N-No problem Doc!"

The two continued to chat as the others looked at the two shocked and confused "Is it me or is this the most social he's been to someone he just met?" Ramone asked "Doc's never actually started a conversation before, well not one that I've seen." Sheriff said as they continued to stare at the two "Ooooh, I think Doc's got something for the new girl!" Flo said which made Doc jump "N-No! Flo that's a misunderstanding!"

"Yeah we're just becoming good friends!" Grace said with a nervous smile "I think you two are becoming more than that!" Ivy yelled driving up next to Grace making Doc glare at Ivy.

Doc groaned then backed up then drove off "Doc wait I was kidding!" Ivy shouted, making Grace roll her eyes "Nice going sis..." Grace said with a smirk making Ivy groan "Still I'm surprised those two had a conversation, and Doc even started it." Sheriff said "What?" Lizzie asked, forgetting what just happened.

"Well I thought that was sweet! You should go find where Doc went Grace!" Mater said driving up next to Grace and Ivy and all the town agreed with Mater. Grace sighed "Fine okay! I'll go find him." Grace groaned then drove off leaving Ivy and Mater to giggle their trunks off.

Grace began driving down the road "Doc's probably in his garage." Grace said looking over at Doc's clinic ahead. When she got to his clinic she drove to the side to see doors that had signs on it to tell her to keep out. Grace drove up hesitantly then knocked her tire on the door "Hey Doc! You okay?"

"What do you want Grace?" Doc asked not opening the doors "I came to see if you were okay!" Grace answered "I'm fine! Just go talk to Ivy!" Doc yelled back "Did she embarrass you?" Grace asked "What do you think?" Doc asked making Grace sigh "Well I think the whole town kinda embarrassed you didn't they?"

Doc was silent "...Can I come in?" Grace asked "Look at the signs Grace." Grace looked up at the signs on the door "Well then can you come out?" Grace asked. Doc went silent again "Doc?" Slowly the doors open to reveal Doc looking away from her "Don't worry Doc, you'll get used to Ivy. I deal with her all the time and so can you."

Grace put on a reassuring smile making Doc look back at her "Will she keep trying to push us together?" Doc asked "Yep, she will never stop. You just need to learn to deal with it." Grace groaned, rolling her eyes making Doc sigh "Hey Doc." Doc looked back at Grace "Wanna go on a little drive or something? Like around town?"

Doc went silent "As long as the residents leave us alone, sure." Doc answered making Grace smile "Yay! I mean-cool cool..." Grace said, making Doc chuckle.