Town Renovations

Chapter 16

Town Renovations

Location: Radiator Springs

Time: 9:23AM

"Turn right to go left. Guess what. I tried it. You know what? This crazy thing happened... I went right!" Lightning yelled pulling Bessie by Lizzie's store "You keep talking to yourself, people'll think you crazy!" Lizzie said staring up at the air "Thanks for the tip!" Lightning yelled making Lizzie look at him confused "What? I wasn't talking to you!"

Sally drove up to Luigi and Guido's store to see Luigi cleaning the windows from inside and Guido painting the walls "Oh, Guido, e bellissimo!" Sally said "Che cosa?" Guido asked "It looks great! This is great!" Sally said as Luigi drove out of the store "Ti piace, eh? Si, si, bellissimo."

Mater was at his junkyard, Mater threw his hook up to the sign then pulled making the sign pull up straight and Mater let out a little toot lol. "Oh lord." Mater said then the sign leaned over on the other side making him chuckle "Mater!" Mater jumped "Huh?" he asked as Sheriff drove over to him "I need you to watch the prisoner tonight."

"Well, Dad Gum! Wait a minute, what if he tries to run again?" Mater asked "Just let him run outta gas and tow him on back. But keep an eye on him." Sheriff answered making Mater stand up straight "Yes, Sir!" Mater then winked making Sheriff groan then drive off.

Grace and Ivy drove out of Doc's clinic as Doc stayed by the doors "Thanks for hanging with us Doc." Grace thanked as the two turned to Doc "You're welcome, it was nice hanging out with you two. Even though Ivy kept glaring at me weird." Doc said the last part through his teeth, making Ivy laugh "You mean like this?" Ivy put on a weird smirk making Grace laugh "Your weird."

Doc smiled "If you want to hang out again sometime I would like that." Doc said looking over at Grace making Grace smile "We'll definitely hang out again, it was fun." Grace said "Well we're gonna go to Flo's and probably just watch Lightning work and chat. See ya." Ivy and Grace then drove off "Bye you two." Doc said then backed up into his Clinic.

When the two got to Flo's Cafe Sally sat there "Hey Sal." Grace greeted as the two drove up next to her. "Hey Grace. Saw what happened back there, you were hanging out with Doc?" Sally asked "Yep, we were having fun." Ivy answered making Sally raise a brow "Really? Was Doc having fun?" Sally asked "Well, he looked pretty happy. Especially when Grace talked to him." Ivy said with a smirk nudging Grace with her tire making Grace roll her eyes.

"Really?...He must really like to talk to you, he's not that social so that's a surprise." Sally said, making Grace smile a bit "Guess I'm a special little snowflake." Grace said making Ivy chuckle. Sally also chuckled but then sighed "Well, if Doc really does like talking to you. Can you help him become more social. He's always in his clinic and I wish he would get out of his comfort zone every once in a while which is like once in a blue moon which actually isn't but...I just want him to be out more and you're my best bet. So can you help him get out more?"

Grace and Ivy turned to each other "You should, Gracie. C'mon!" Ivy said, making Grace sigh "I'll try my best, Sally." Grace said, making Sally smile "Thanks Grace." Sally thanked making Grace smile "Your welcome." Grace said as Ivy smiled as well.

"Would you look at that! Ramone, Ramone!" The tree of them looked over at Ramone painting with a little chuckle as Flo was next to him watching. "Aw, the town's looking better already." Ivy said as Sally looked over at Red cleaning the leaning tower of tires with his house "This is it, my last offer. You buy one tire, I give you 7-a snow tire for all free! Done. You interested, you call me. You know where I am."

Luigi and Guido then drove off making Lightning sigh then out of nowhere he was hit by a wave of water "ACK!" After a few minutes of water being sprayed at Lightning, the water stopped making Lightning spat out some water and saw Sally, Red, Grace, and Ivy in front of him "Oh, Red! You missed a spot, see it right there? On the hood right there." Sally said, making Red squint at the little cactus stuck in Lightning's hood "No, No!"

"AHH!" Red began spraying more water on Lightning trying to get that little cactus off as Ivy and Grace laughed their trunks off. When Red finally stopped Lightning coughed "Thanks Red." Sally said then Red drove off "Bye Red." The other two girls said "What was that for?" Lightning asked a bit angered at being shot with freaking water "Do you wanna stay at the Cozy Cone or what?" Sally asked which confused Lightning "Huh?"

"And if you do, you gotta be clean. 'Cause even here in hillbilly hell we have standards." Sally said, making Grace snort "You were pretty dirty after falling into cacti twice." Ivy joked as Lightning looked at them confused "What I-I don't get it." Lightning said making Grace and Ivy roll their eyes "Nothing I just thought I'd say thank you for doing a great job. So I thought I'd let you stay with me. I mean, not with me! But there. Not with me there, but there in your own Cozy Cone. And I'd be in my cone, and it's-"

"Wait. Wait, you're being nice to me." Lightning said with a smile "We aren't devils." Grace whispered with a chuckled "I mean if you want to stay at the dirty impound, thats, thats fine. You know, I understand you criminal types." Sally said but then Lightning cut her off "No, no, no, no. That's okay. Yeah, the Cozy Cone." Lightning looked over at the Cozy Cone "Sally newly refurbished it." Grace commented "Yeah, it's like a clever little twist the motel's made out of caution cones, which, of course, cars usually try to avoid, now we're gonna stay in them. Hehe...That's funny."

Lightning looked back at the girls to see them wearing blank stares "Figure that all on your own, did you?" Sally asked, then backed up "Cone number one if you want." Sally then began to drive off "Nice shot, Hotrod." Ivy chuckled as Lightning sighed but then noticed something on Sally's trunk "Hey, do I spy a little pinstriping tattoo back there?" Lightning asked making Sally turn to him "Oh hehe....that's just."

Sally then backed up into a pile of cones making one land on her head "Nice hat!" Grace yelled as they laughed as Sally nervously laughed along "Oh, you saw that? Yeah...Just gonna be going...gonna...yeah..." Sally backed up into the lobby making her hat fall off.

Lightning continued to smile not noticing Mater had joined them "You know, I once knew this girl doreen. Good-looking girl! Looked just like a jaguar, only she was a truck! You know, I used to crash into her, just so I could spoke to her!" Lightning stared at Mater with confusion as Grace and Ivy chuckled "What are you talking about?" Lightning asked "I don't know. Hey, I know something we can do tonight, 'cause I'm in charge of watching you!"

"No, Mater, I gotta finish this road, and I have to get out of here." Lightning said then put on a nervous look as Grace and Ivy put on smirks "Well, that's all right, Mr. I Can't Turn On Dirt. You probably couldn't handle it anyway." Mater, Grace, Ivy said at the same time "Whoa, whoa, easy now, guys. You know who you're talking to? This is Lightning McQueen. I can handle anything."