taehyung

i sit back down on my bed, in front of my computer, with my milk and my stuffie. daddy's still there, waiting for me.

"there's my good boy. did you fill your sippy up without spilling?" daddy asks me. he's using that daddy voice that makes me feel all soft and melty.

"mhm! didn't spill." i hold up my favorite blue sippy, showing him.

"great job, baby. ready for a story?"

i nod quickly. "w-what chu gonna read?"

my daddy smiles widely and holds up the book. "harry potter!"

this makes me giggle and hide my face in my stuffie. "i like harry potter" i mumble, face squished into mang.

"you like harry potter? i know you do. i'm gonna read you the first chapter, get cozy."

snuggling up against my pillows, i try my best to hold the laptop still do daddy can see me.

"mr. and mrs. dursley, of number four, privet drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. they were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense. mr. dursley was the director of a firm called grunnings, which made drills. he was a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, although he did have a very large moustache. mrs. dursley was thin and blonde and had nearly twice the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful as she spent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on her neighbors. the dursleys had a small son called dudley and in their opinion there was no finer boy anywhere."

my eyes are already starting to feel sleepy. daddy pauses for breath, looking up at me.

"tired, love?"

i nod and yawn.

"i'll keep reading until you fall asleep. i love you, tae tae."

"love you too daddy." i murmur sleepily, gazing up at him.

even though he's not here, right now i feel happy, just listening to his voice and drifting off to sleep.