hoseok

"thank you for calling clinics of seoul, this is nurse joy, how may i help you?"

i cough. it's dry and hurts my chest. "this is jung hoseok, my doctor is dr. lim. i.....think i may have COVID-19."

silence on the other end of the phone, for a moment.

"alright mr. jung, what are your symptoms?"

"i've had a fever for two days and it just keeps getting higher. a really bad dry cough. and since i woke up this morning, it's been hard to breathe. i just generally feel like i've been hit by a truck." i chuckle weakly.

"alright. and your records say you're 24 with no pre-existing health conditions, is that correct?"

"yes."

"have you come in contact with anyone in the last 2 weeks?" she questions.

"only my boyfriend."

"is he showing symptoms?"

"no." i answer.

"does he have pre-existing health conditions?"

"umm....yes, he has asthma."

it's just then that it hits me. i could have been contagious the last time i saw tae tae. and if he gets sick with this....he could die. it attacks your lungs, and his are already weak.

"both of you can come be tested. but come separately, and wear masks and gloves. understood?"

"yes, i understand." i reply.

"be here at 3pm today. there's a special waiting area marked for possible COVID-19 patients, you'll see it. do not come into the main office."

"alright, thank you." coughing, i manage a goodbye.

now i have to tell tae.......