The Snake is now the Eagle

Truly, you had no idea why.

When you had noticed that the guards were covered in tattoos, sunburns, and other pirate features, you had tried to run. But, it had been too late. They grabbed you roughly threw you into a windowless room. Two of the pirates guarded the door, while the others continued to round up the rest of the chambermaids.

You were certain that death was upon you, especially when he showed up.

He was supposed to be dead. Everyone had heard of how Rhian had slayed him. But, here The Snake stood. His body was covered in a slick black body suit, and his face was covered by his green snake-like mask.

His hands were held behind his back as he strolled into the room. 

You all stared up at him in fear and clutched onto one another. It was deathly quiet as he surveyed all of you.

You felt all warmth leave your body as his gaze stopped on you.

Then, the mask changed colors to the same inky black as the rest of his clothes, along with developing a weird texture. The mask then split into hundreds of black worm-like creatures. As they removed themselves from his face, you felt yourself, along with some of the others, gasp.

He had the same face as Rhian.

He smiled, "Ladies," You all stiffened at his voice, "you are all going to be given a choice." He started to pace along the line you had all formed against the wall. "Either, you pledge your loyalty to my brother and me. Or a swift death shall await you." He held out an arm and gestured to the pirates behind him. They all unsheathed their swords.

"Any takers?"

The room remained silent.

"Good." He stopped his pacing and faced all of you once more. "But, of course, since you now know mine and Rhian's plan, and you happen to have also been quite close with Agatha, I'm afraid I'm going to have to make a few modifications."

The inky creatures swiftly left his side and made their way to all of you.

Everyone closed their eyes tight with fear of what was to come.

"You missed one, Sir." A pirate's voice spoke out.

"No, no." The Snake's voice made you tremble, "That one is to be taken to my chambers. Unharmed."

You opened your eyes wide as you felt a hand tightly grab you by your bicep. 

Looking around, all the other maids stood, some still with their eyes closed. Two creatures were at each chambermaid. They were a few inches from the openings of their ears.

"As for the rest of you," The Snake looked away from you and waved his hand.

You were pulled out of the room, but you could still hear the rest of them as they let out screams and cries.

You had been taken to his room. The door was locked, and the windows wouldn't open. 

You decided to examine the room. They had worked fast with rearranging the castle. You noticed how beautiful and clean it had all looked as you were taken to this room. And here you could tell that it had been given a makeover as well. Everything looked absolutely wonderful.

You let your fingers graze along the spines of the books in a shelf. 

"You like to read?"

You quickly turned and pressed yourself against the bookshelf. He stood in the doorway and stared at you.

You stayed silent and averted your gaze to the ground. You heard his footsteps come closer.

"Here, I'd like you to change into this." He lifted one of your hands and placed an article of clothing in it. "The bathroom is that way."

You followed his pointing to the attached restroom and quickly shut the door behind you while clutching the fabric close to your chest.

What were his plans with you?

Hopefully this would make Rhian see how horrible that little blonde was.

Japeth waited for you to change so he could set his plan into action. He hated that his brother had to pretend to be sweet and interested in Sophie. Why couldn't they just put her in the dungeon away from everyone else. Hopefully his plan with you will show his brother that he could just use a random girl. Then, he could just use his magic to make her look like Sophie to the rest of the public.

Hearing you open the door, he turned his attention to you.

You were cuter than he originally thought.

You fidgeted in place as he looked over your dress. The dress was light blue, with a modest, straight neckline. The skirt reached down to only reveal your ankles, and your fingertips just barely being revealed from under the long sleeves.

Japeth held out his hand and made a gesture that told you to come to him.

Once you had sat yourself next to him, he spoke. "Well, I'd say I have about ten minutes before I have to introduce myself to the public, so why don't we get to know each other a bit."