Comfort

You were practically hypnotized by the ticking of the clock.

You had no idea how long you had been staring. 

When Japeth dragged you back into your shared quarters, he went to his desk and started to angrily go through some of his papers.

You had settled by the window seat and just stared at anything but him. You needed to calm him down or else who know what he might do. But what could you do?

Contemplating, you finally decided to grow some courage and try something.

Carefully approaching him from behind you spoke softly, "Japeth." You gently placed your hands on his shoulders and felt him tense in your grasp.

"What." The harshness in his tone almost made you flinch, but you couldn't let him know you were afraid of him right now, that might make everything worse.

You slowly started to massage his shoulders a bit as you tried to carefully think of your words.

"I'm... sorry she bothered you so much."

"She's going to win my brother over if I'm not careful. Ugh, women like that are disgusting! Always batting their eyes and shaking their hips to get whatever they want."

Resting your chin on the top of his head, you continued your massage, "You don't think of me like that, do you?"

"Of course not." He sighed and reached up to grab one of your hands. Giving it a light squeeze you lifted your head so he could look up at you from his sitting position. "Do you know why I spared you."

You didn't say anything. You had no idea. At first you had thought it was because he thought you were pretty. But the way he spoke about Sophie seemed that it wasn't the case.

As you stayed silent, he decided to continue. "You remember going to the Arbed House, don't you?"

Of course you did. That place scared you so much, you had attempted multiple times to get out of going back. But the head chambermaid at the time thought it would be healthy for those in that place to have some interaction with people who weren't monsters.

You would do things like pass out snacks you had prepared yourself, read stories to those who would actually listen, and Just have conversations with those who wanted to talk to anybody.

All the groups had one adult chambermaid, two chambermaids in training, and four residents of Arbed House.

You remember being so terrified of most of those kids, that you couldn't meet most of their eyes.

"I... don't remember you being in my group."

"Oh, I wasn't, but my friend was." He had stood up from his desk, and was now playing with your hair while still holding your hand.

"We were both never really big fans of women."

What was he getting at? Who was his friend?Did he not like women at all? Was he just using you?

"But you seemed to pique his interest."

He grabbed your hand, and pulled you into his lap, "Then you piqued mine as well."

Your face was burning hot. He pulled you even closer, and his smile widened. "We thought you were so cute."

Quickly, he pulled you into a kiss. It was soft, and tender, but you could tell that it could turn in an other direction if you didn't do anything about it.

So, you pulled away from the kiss after a few seconds. You thought for a moment that Japeth would try and pull you back in for another, however, he instead pulled you closer and buried his head into your neck. 

"[Y/n], my love, how do you feel about polyamory?"

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: what's poppin'... I'm gonna update the SGE stories on either every 4th Saturday of the month, or every 30th. I was trying to finish book 6 before I updated these, but I did not. I will notify all of y'all when I do though, in case anyone wants to talk about it. Also sorry this do be kind of short.