Karaoke Car Rides

Elaina's POV

"Look I'm not saying what you did was bad El-" Amanda had been lecturing me about how I shouldn't have gone off on Bertha this whole lunch break but i still don't regret it. It might not have seemed like it was a big deal for her to be so goddamn annoying but she never shuts up. She's always so disrespectful and rude that I don't care at this point, it just had to be said. I interrupt Amanda before she keeps rambling.

"AMA CHILL. It's not a big deal. If she wants to keep talking shit and acting like everything she's not- then she'll have to take what I said the way her fake persona would" i shake my head fixing my hair and look at her again. She seems to be thinking about what I said.

"Plus," i say trying make her cheerleader like personality come back, "I can't just let her keep pestering the whole world like that- especially not my friends." I say with a smile on my face. She seems to feel at least a little bit better about it.

"Okay but I swear if this gets out of hand-" I lean across the table to put both of my hands on her shoulders as I interrupt her again.

"AMA. I SAID CHILL. It's gonna be fine." She still seems worried but nods anyway.

"I still think that was badass," Mariana says laughing. She puts her hand on my shoulder and leans on me.

"Oh and I never said thank you, I never do anytime you save me from her nagging, but really" I laugh and she joins me.

"You don't have to thank me-" she interrupts me before I keep going.

"Yes I do. I really do. I really don't know what I'd do without my fly swatter." She says giving me a side hug. Ugh, I love my friends.

"Well can you hang out with us today? We wanna go paint balling at the arcade today" Mariana says. Fuck. I forgot to have Simon clear my schedule.

"Uhm- I Uhm, well I'll have to see, I don't know-" I hate lying to them. "What time do you guys wanna go?" I ask trying to let them down softer. They've been trying to get me to hang out with them forever but I haven't been able to. I look at both of them and I can tell they already saw it coming.

"Maybe 5?" Amanda says as she looks down picking at her nails.

"We can go later if you want!" Mariana offers with a bit of hope in her voice. Ugh. I can't keep doing this to them, I miss hanging out too.

"Let me just call my uhm- therapist really quick" Fuckkkk meeeeeeee. Why would I say that? Fuck.

"You have therapy today? I thought that was only on Saturdays and Wednesday's- it's okay if you can't go, really." Mariana says sadly but with seriousness in her tone.

"Yeah it's fine, just go, we can try again some other time." Amanda offers. I hate this so much, I hate lying to them. I hate the pity radiating off of them every time I bring "my therapist" up.

"No, it's okay, I'll call. I see her enough anyway." I smile and get up from the table. Uggghhhhhh. I hate absolutely everything. Why. Why. Why.
I walk far away enough from everyone and call Simon.

"Hello Ms. Elaina, is everything alright? Do you need a pick up?" He asks.

"Hi Simon, everything is okay, I don't need a pick up but could you clear my schedule for today?" I know I'm in charge but I still don't like this.

"You have a very important meeting today, are you sure?" I hate when he does this. Just say yes dumbass oh my god.
I'm just kidding, love you Simon.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I say rolling my eyes.

"Alright, Benji and Luca will be in the blue BMW today, stay safe, Ms. Melejua."