Pipevine?

Elainas POV

"Who?" I instantly feel stupid because I processed everything a second after I asked. "Oh shit."

"Well shouldn't you be batting your eyelashes at him like you have something in your eye then?" I say pouting my lips while scratching my head in thought. Her face goes red and she stares at me wide eyed. What? I'm just saying. I swear you'd think she's a fucking Baby Alive doll.

"I DO NOT LOOK LIKE THAT!" She says smacking my shoulder as I laugh. She glares at me with her arms crossed. "As much as I always talk about messing with him, I don't have the balls." She says fiddling with her shirt.

"Ama. You literally just flirted with a man in his mid-twenties, what do you mean 'I don't have the balls'?" I really don't understand her.

"That's different, he's not being kicked out of every school in the town and looking like...that." She almost whispers the last word as she stares off into space and I shake my head.

"Ama, you easily flirt with every guy you think is cute but as soon as Mr. Santiago DeLano comes in, you're nervous? " I say waving my hands around trying to emphasize his name.

"And why are you acting like this is a Wattpad book?You could just say San- whatever the fuck his name is, like a normal person. Why do you have to use his whole ass government name?" Her face becomes pale then quickly reddens as I hear a deep chuckle behind me.

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!
YOU'RE KIDDING.
World, don't you fucking dare-

"Wow, I didn't know the whole world knew about me." My throat dries and I suck in a huge breath.

"Fuck me." I mumble under my breath. I start coughing from the dryness of my throat.

"What was that Clumsy?" I turn around to face him. This day just can't get any more embarrassing.

"Sorry, just talking to myself. Let's go Ama." I say turning around to wave her over.

"Oh, what's the hurry? Don't wanna spill another drink on me Pipevine?" What the fuck?

"Wait wha-" I hear Amanda whisper beside me.

"I'm sorry, what?" I'm so confused I didn't even respond to his teasing.

"Well, you kinda spilled your drink on me earlier, and let me tell you, it was pretty hard to not make it look like I had an accident in the car..." he chuckles showing off his dimples and perfectly straight teeth. "Oh andddd you fell on top of me like 2 minutes ago..." I can feel Amanda's eyes burning my face with the look she's giving me.

"No, I know that, but what's Pipevine?" I furrow my eyebrows together and cross my arms over my chest looking straight at him, but he just laughs.

"It's a kind of butterfly...really pretty actually." He says running a hand through his hair as he looks over at his friends and nods.

Was that a compliment?

I can almost feel my fucking blood running up to my cheeks. I put my cold hands on my face before he looks back, I've had enough shit to keep me up at night already.

"El, what the fuck? You spilled your drink on him? You said you tri-" Amanda whispers to me but I  interrupt before she finishes questioning me.

"Anyway, I said I was sorry, me and Amanda here have to get going." I say reaching out for her arm. I had been paying so much attention to...whatever his name is - that I didn't notice Amanda frozen in place.