Nose Job

Elaina's POV

As we arrive to the table everyone is barely half way done with their food. Should've taken longer dumbass. Fuck.

"Here's your sprite, El. Drink it before the ice melts all the way." Amanda says pushing the glass towards me. I give her a small smile and give her a whispered
'thanks' in return before taking a sip. I look across the table quickly and see Elliot laughing along with Fabian. Hm... I look back at Ama as she peers her head over the table.

"Hey where'd you get that?" Ama asks loudly as she looks at the plush on my lap. Everyone looks over at me stopping their conversations. I can feel his eyes on me, oh shit. What the fuck do I say? I stare down at my sprite as I sip to hide my expression. Why'd I not think about that? I clear my throat and rest my head on my hand as I look at her.

"Uhm, the arcade. There's like a claw machine or something." I say playing with my straw.

"Oh that's cool, we should head over there after we're done guys." Everyone agrees and gets back to their own conversations and food while I just stare at the subsiding sprite and ice in my cup. I can still feel his eyes on me what the fuck.

Why does he stare so much!?

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and I quickly pull it out just desperate for a distraction.

Marco
Hey, I'm sry about earlier,
Ik u hate when we ask questions,
Won't happen again Ms. Melejua.

Jesus fucking christ. He texts like a 12 year old. I roll my eyes irritated. I wish I could just fire him already what the fuck. I delete the notification and just go to my Instagram.

What a perfect time to rethink and over analyze all my post.

"Butterly." My stomach feels all weird from the soda as I hear him call me. I knew I should've saved that stupid chocolate croissant.

Our eyes meet as soon as I look up, his green ones looking a bit more brown than they did earlier today.

"Hm?" Great response Elaina.

"You didn't order anything?" He says analyzing my face with furrowed brows. I hate this question.

"No, I ate earlier."

"But we've been hanging out for like the past 5 hours, I can order for you if you'd like..." He offers for some reason looking concerned.

"Oh- uhm, yeah- right. I had some snacks and stuff in the car, kinda forgot we were coming here, but thanks." I say quickly as I play with my straw.

"Oh, well- I was just wondering, it's no problem." He says with a small smile before looking back down at his food. I take that as a sign and look back at my phone.

Jeez, is it just me or do my eyes look unsymmetrical here- 10% Warning. Oh great. I didn't even get the 20% warning!

"Hey Ama, can I have the car keys really quick? I'm gonna get my charger." She reaches into her bag and shuffles around her stuff before pulling them out. I can't believe I let myself use both of my portable chargers today, I really didn't think this through.

"Thanks, I'll be right back." I get up and walk towards the parking lot playing with the keys in my hand. The fresh smell of air gently hits me as I step outside and I instinctively let out a sigh and take a deep breath. I wrap my arms around myself feeling the cold wind become a bit stronger as I walk towards the car.