After Someday

Maya sat in her bedroom as she couldn't get enough of what she was currently seeing.
Pictures of her mother and Shawn's wedding barely a week ago.
Of course they were on honeymoon and she was supposed to be at the Matthews but she told everyone she would be fine on her own.
But what she didn't know was how to go on without anyone.
She turned over the page finding a picture if ski lodge making her happy but also allowing a few tears to run across her face.
Boy, did she miss Josh.
It has barely been a month since she had actually seen him but she was getting more and more anxious about their next meet.
What would actually come from it?

For her someday was too long and she was getting very much tired if waiting for him to finally tell her it's over.
She wanted it to be over right now but she knew that it couldn't happen.
Maybe when her age didn't matter as much she would get the opportunity to really know how love feels like.
But for now it's still hope's for suckers like it always has been.

~

It was late the night and Maya sat wide awake in her bed trying to make the best of her situation.
The wanted so much more than what she was getting out of the situation but whatever she did try it always failed.
She knew she had to get everything out of her mind but she had no idea how to.
Suddenly her phone rings but she doesn't recognize the number.

"Hello?"

"Only you will be awake at this time," a voice said and that Maya recognized immediately.

"Boing? How did you get my..."

"My niece. I think I'm done playing the long game.

~

Three years later

It was graduation day.
Maya and her friends were finally done with high school and she couldn't have asked for anything better.
She looked over from the stage to where her boyfriend of the past three years were sitting in the crowd smiling.
She really couldn't have asked for anything better.

She walked off the stage immediately running into his arms as he smiled.

"I am so proud of you," Josh said and Maya gave him a smile.
"Thank you. Thank you for always being here," Maya said as Josh went down on one knee causing his girlfriend to gasp.
"Maya Hunter, marry me," Josh said and Maya nod.
"Of course," Maya said as Josh slid the ring over her finger.

~

Maya was sitting silently wishing she could have though of a better time to tell Josh but here she was telling it to him like this.
It was probably their second Christmas as a married couple as she was only nineteen.
She smiled as everyone handed out presents but Maya certainly was the most nervous to give hers to Josh.

"Okay, let's see who's next. Josh this one is for you from your lovely wife," Cory said handing Josh a box.
"Thought you said we weren't doing..."
"This one is actually a nice one. Open the box," Maya said smiling.

Josh opened the box finding a picture looking at his wife as he didn't know what else to actually do.

"You're pregnant," Josh said and Maya nod as everyone looked at the young couple.
"Yeah, I am. You're going to be a father," Maya said smiling.

~

Maya looked smiling at the little girl of just eleven months old as it was not yet revealed what was going to happen.

"Okay, Birdie. You ready to tell Daddy?" Maya asked picking up the little one.
"Okay. Let's do this. Josh! Come here quickly," Maya said as she handed Birdie a picture.

"Hey. What's going on? What do you have in your hands, Birdie?" Josh asked as he took his daughter seeing that it was a sonar.
"You're not serious. You're pregnant?" Josh said and Maya nod.
"Surprise," Maya said.
"Oh my gosh," Josh said as he took Maya in his arms.

~

Five years later

Maya looked as her children ran around on the grass very much surprised that they were getting along for a change.
She looked at Birdie who was six and at Landon who was just four years old as she looked over to the jumper across her to the seven month Poppy.
Her life was truly very good and she couldn't have asked for something better.
Her children were playing with Josh on the swings as she didn't even had much energy.
She took Poppy out of her jumper as the two of them also went over to the others.