[ ✦ ] LEAVE ME -clarity! mercenary

ok ok wtf this skin is pretty and he's pretty I think that's a dangerous combination. like omg look at him, look AT HIM-

genre: angst

others: third POV, blood?, gore?, death?

▔▔▔

     the game of cat and mouse turned the tables; it wasn't called a game anymore. in fact, this was actually a deadly chase between the victim and the serial killer. ever since the host decided to alter the rules, the relationship among the survivors and hunters drastically changed. the hunters became hostile than they were. the survivors were having trust issues, people started to betray other people. bonds were broken, the trust in promises were diminished. 

     quick matches were severely challenging as the impact on teammates would result horrendously. they would end up in a coma, which usually extends approximately 5-7 days. the longest lasted for two weeks. however, duo hunters were far more dangerous because one occasion made three survivors proceed to the infirmary for a month. they were under medical surveillance, keeping tabs with the anxious doctor, emily.

      some survivors- even hunters -began to flee from the manor. unfortunately, their attempt didn't end well as they were to be punished. no, not punished, executed. the thief, kreacher, thought he can manage to escape the cruel game. it was a tragedy when he was missing, because he was lying unconscious near the shore on lakeside village where one of the survivors found him in a normal match. he was dead, according to the embalmer, aesop, after running an autopsy. there were bruise marks embedding on the thief's ankle and was presumably caught while trying to struggle from something.

leo beck, who was formerly known as hell ember, was blinded by his loneliness which brought back memories of his daughter and wife. he wanted to leave so badly, which he did. his last breath was concluded poorly, because he was found in ashes. how was someone able to identify it was him? because emma saw a petal of marigold that she gave to him during that time. she was devastated while unbeknownst to her, she was the missing daughter he was searching for after all these years.

despite these calamities, there was a particular pair that never discouraged the connection between them. they were faithful to each other and they almost find hope in each other. well, almost. the pair was naib subedar and [your name] [last name]. they've been attached to the hip since day one, although their first encounter started at the wrong foot. luckily, one of them succeeded to become friends with the other. their friendship quickly grew to this day.

[your name]'s knuckles rapped softly against the wooden surface of the mercenary's door, ❝ hey, match is starting in an hour, ❞ she says after entering his room and plopping her back against his bed. her nose was infiltrated with the scent of cigarettes and cologne, ❝ smoking is bad for you, you know. ❞ she commented, causing the brunette to chuckle. he appeared to be sitting near his desk, in which there was a clutter on the table.

❝ you tell me that so many times, yet i still continue to do it. ❞ he brushed his bangs out of his eyes and combed his whole hair into his usual ponytail, similar to aesop's. frowning at his scruffed hairstyle, she motioned him to come closer to her after sitting up. she patted on the empty spot behind her and he handed his hair tie- that was an elastic band.

grabbing a hairbrush out of his drawer, she started to smooth his unruly tresses and soon, it became smooth as silk, ❝ someday, i have to confiscate your shit, ❞ she said through her teeth since she was biting the elastic band as her hold, ❝ i don't know why you need to tie your hair. i get that it's annoying when it's down and you're using your elbow pads and all that hair gets in your face, but still... ❞ he felt her breath fanning against his neck.