[ ☆ ] SMOOTH AS SILK - photographer

i saw the pic on pinterest and i was immediately inspired because what the cipher machine primed he's gorgeous-

genre: platonic

others: 1st POV, joseph , intimacy, H A I R (i believe i have a thing for boys with long hair)

▔▔▔▔

     after my exhausting match, i briskly walked past hunters who attempted to initiate a conversation with me. i wasn't in the mood to have a trivial chat. instead, i went ahead to my designated chambers where i cannot be disturbed. i instantly frisked on the doorknob and locked it, relieved when i witnessed the source of my comfort zone; my bed.

my sore feet brought me to remove the painful patent leather shoes. i curled my toes, eased by the release of fresh air. it leads to a memory to one of my previous matches when i had to chase a certain prospector for 5 ciphers. honestly, i wanted to punch myself back then for the constant magnet drops. i did occupy the excitement trait, but it was only for 5 mere seconds.

i gingerly removed my blue coat from my arms after detaching my big yellow handkerchief that was strapped on my chest. one by one, i unfastened the buttons from my white dress shirt then loosened the golden bow on my lightly grey hair. my curls bounced once i withdrawned the tie. i allowed my dress shirt to be open and to expose my skin when i let it drape, revealing my bare shoulders.

while i was biting on my hairtie, i heard two gentle raps against the door. regardless of its sound's mildness, i remained cranky. i wasn't motivated to socialize with anyone right now.

❝ seriously, ❞ i growled under my breath so they couldn't hear it from the other side. the walls are thin as paper, ❝ who has the audacity to- ❞ i opened the door and was greeted by a person that i only tolerated in this manor.

it was [your name].

a giggle that sounded like angels singing comes out from her mouth when she saw my scruffy appearance, ❝ i believe i'm the person who has the audacity to interrupt you at this hour, ❞ i had to glance down due to her petite height and the first thing i noticed was the silver tray she was holding. it was tenanted with a variety of assortments and tea, ❝ the only person, actually. ❞

i spread my right arm, motioning her to enter my premises while i opened the door wide, ❝ please, come in. ❞

she entered the room and placed the silver tray on top of the coffee table across my bed. i inspected the selection of sweets that was neatly sitting on fine china plates. i was in awe by the intricate decoration [your name] had set up for me; a few clean pebbles were littered in the corners and a small vase held a boquet of lavender flowers along with baby's breath. there was a scented candle sitting inside a jar and beside the jar, there was a letter.

i grabbed a lighter from my drawer and lit the candle, my full sky-colored hues enamored and glowed by the flame. i heard a chuckle emitting behind me, and it was the same angels that were singing.

❝ your eyes literally flickered like a christmas tree! ❞ she remarked. she picked one of the scones on the plate and nibbled on it, ❝ anyway, a little bird told me that you were.. well- is 'peevish' the appropriate term? ❞

i laughed, ❝ i guess you can say that, ❞ my laughter turned nervous and i could awkwardly bite the delicate scone, ❝ who said i was peevish? ❞

❝ it was no one. i just saw you running and ignoring the cries from hunters who plead desperately to you for a conversation, ❞ she poured my empty cup with an unrecognized liquid, ❝ it's chamomile, by the way. ❞ [your name] informed me towards the cup i was holding. i carefully took a sip of the warm substance. all at once, the stress i was carrying subsided.