I

It was almost something Hoseok was getting used to.

Waking up feeling dizzy and nauseous, doctors around him, his friends' worried faces. Even though he hardly remembered what had happened, he knew he had passed out again.

He let out a long groan at the uncomfortable feeling and tried to sit upright, but a hand pushed him back on the bed.

"Don't move just yet, Hobi." 

Jimin's voice. It sounded vague, as if Hoseok was still asleep. 

Hoseok chuckled drowsily and reached for the boy, who took his hand and held it close.

"I fainted again, huh?" Hoseok slurred.

"Yeah, you did." Jimin said with a sad smile. "Your liver really needed medication, the doctors waited too long finding out how they should treat you."

"Bad doctors." Hoseok huffed.

Jimin chuckled, patting Hoseok's hair. "Yeah, they should've helped you better."

Hoseok pouted, his eyes half-lidded. He felt so sleepy, it wasn't like any of the last times he'd lost consciousness.

"I'm so tired..." he whined.

"Yeah, you'll probably be for a while. You had surgery, hyung, so they put you under anesthesia. It will wear off in a while, don't worry."

It didn't really seem to come through to Hoseok what that meant. He pouted because he felt tired and he wanted to do stuff, but Jimin wouldn't let him get up. 

"Is my liver broken?" he asked, tears jumping in his eyes. "Am I broken? Is that why you're not letting me walk? I can't feel my legs though. Oh god...do I still have legs?!"

Jimin chuckled and continued playing with Hoseok's hair. "Don't worry, hyung. You're going to be just fine."

"What about my legs, Jimin." 

"They're still there, not broken. You have to stay in bed for a while, Hoseokie-hyung. Surgery makes your body tired. You need to rest."

Hoseok huffed. "And I suppose I can't get some sprite?"

Jimin had to resist bursting out laughing. Biting his lip, he shook his head. "No, not yet, hyung. We'll try some water later, but for now you first have to wake up fully."

Hoseok mumbled something incoherent, but Jimin could only smile softly at his hyung. That was, until he looked up when the door to the room opened. A head appeared from behind it.

"Jimin-ah, how's he doing?" Namjoon whispered.

"He's awake, very drowsy, but awake." Jimin replied. 

"Do you want me to stay with him for a while? You've been here since the moment they brought him in. You should probably eat something." 

Jimin nodded at that and stopped playing with Hoseok's hair. He let go of the elder's hand and got up from the chair he had put next to the hospital bed.

"Wha- no~." Hoseok whined. "Jiminie don't go..." 

Jimin patted his head. "Namjoon will stay with you for a while, is that okay?"

Hoseok's half-lidded eyes moved to look at Namjoon, and a goofy smile appeared on his face. 

"Aha! Joonie's here~ maybe he can give me his legs~."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow and chuckled, looking at Jimin questioningly.

"Hyung, you still have your legs." Jimin sighed, also chuckling and ruffling Hoseok's hair. 

Jimin then left his side. He walked past Namjoon and the two of them shared a grimace, Namjoon patting the younger on the shoulder.

"See you later, Jimin-ah." 

"Yeah, I'll probably stop by after I eat something. But I'm sure the others want to visit him too." Jimin replied.

"Yeah, you can let them in one by one if you see them." Namjoon said. "They said we could have a maximum of two people in here."

Jimin nodded and left the room, leaving Namjoon with Hoseok. The leader sat down on the chair next to the bed and smiled at Hoseok.

"Yah, Hope-ah, you scared us again. You have to tell your liver to start fighting the virus, okay?"

Hoseok scrunched his nose. "Why scared? I'm just fine."

Namjoon rolled his eyes. "Says the guy who just went through surgery."

"And now I'm fine." Hoseok huffed. "I wish I had legs though..."

Namjoon snorted. "Dude, Jimin told you, you still have your legs. Why do you think they're gone?"

"It's the lack of sprite." Hoseok sighed. 

Namjoon laughed, shaking his head. He continued to chat with Hoseok, messing with him for fun - even at some point making him believe Jin was pregnant - until a doctor walked in to see how he was doing. They did a quick check-up and Hoseok was continuously telling the doctor he had to dance because Hoseok couldn't. He actually got the doctor to dance, even if it was for only a few seconds.

After a while, Hoseok could finally drink some water, but not after - sadly enough - throwing up twice. It was the anesthetics, mostly.

As soon as Hoseok was allowed to be moved to his private room - this room was the 'waking up' room, after all - Namjoon told the other members to go with him and he himself stayed behind to talk to the doctor. There was some clearing up to do.