S

It just so happened to be that Hoseok's liver had failed, and this time for real. 

The boys had known about the virus, and the harm it was doing to their friend, but none of them had known how bad it actually was. 

The doctors had told them they were looking for the best way to treat Hoseok, but they had taken too long, so the virus had caused Hoseok's liver to fail. Which was, sadly enough, the reason he'd had to go through surgery. 

A transplant surgery, to be precise.

Usually, people would've been put on a waiting list for a liver transplantation, but due to the urgency of the matter, the doctors had searched for the right match straight away. And they had found it. Hoseok had been incredibly lucky.

But luck only got him so far, it would take him a long time to recover and he would have to take medicines so his body wouldn't reject the new liver tissue. A transplantation was always risky and in this case they still hadn't tackled the issue of the virus. 

"So what is the plan? What will you do about the virus?" Namjoon asked the doctor urgently. Learning about liver transplantations was intersting and all, but he wanted to know how they were going to fix this. He wanted things to go back to normal soon, he wanted Hoseok to be able to join them again, to be able to dance and rap like he had always done. Most of all he wanted Hoseok to be okay.

"We have found out during the surgery exactly how much of his liver has been attacked by the virus, so we can finally start giving him the right doses of medicine." the doctor replied. "It might take some time for it to catch on, especially now that he has gone through surgery first, but we are positive that it will work."

Namjoon smiled gratefully. "That...that is great! So he will be better soon?"

His smile fell almost immediately when he saw the look on the doctor's face. He'd said they were positive, so why did the doctor suddenly not have a very positive look on his face?

"A-Aren't you optimistic about his recovery?" Namjoon asked hesitantly, eyebrows furrowing in concern. 

"As I said, I am positive about the medicines catching on and getting rid of the virus. I am not, however, sure of how long it will take. Recovering from surgery alone will already take months."

"Months?!" Namjoon exclaimed, eyes widening. 

The doctor nodded, calmly explaining. "Hoseok may be able to resume his daily activities after one or two months, but full recovery is only after four to six months."

"So...he might recover from the virus sooner than from the surgery?" Namjoon questioned.

"That's highly possible." 

Namjoon let out a deep sigh before he thanked the doctor. He decided to leave it at that- he didn't need to know more anyway. He wanted to go back to the others, not only to tell them what he'd heard from the doctor, but also to see Hoseok again. 

When he walked into Hoseok's private room, he noticed how all five of the boys had concerned looks on their faces. They had obviously been waiting for Namjoon to tell them the news. Hoseok, on the other hand, was fast asleep.

When he told the guys the news, they were as surprised by it as he was, especially since most of them had thought it would only take a few weeks to recover from surgery. However, it appeared that transplant surgeries were a little bit more complicated. 

Jimin had tears in his eyes, worried about how Hoseok would take the news, but also worried about Hoseok's recovery in general. Would he truly be okay?

"So...he won't be joining us for the rest of the concerts?" Jungkook pouted, his eyes shifting to the sleeping Hoseok on the bed. Surgery had tired him out and even though this was the 'waking up' room, he'd fallen asleep again. It was normal, he would wake up soon, but Jungkook felt scared and tears pricked his face because he hadn't seen his hyung awake yet after the surgery. Jimin reassured him that Hoseok had been okay for the short while he had been awake and he would be okay when he woke up again. Still, even Jimin felt tense.

"No...he probably has to stay here for at least a week and after that he needs to rest too. He won't be able to travel with us." Namjoon answered Jungkook with a grimace. "I wish we could bring him along...or stay here with him and just cancel the concerts."

"But we would never do that." Jimin said immediately. "The fans count on us."

"I wish we could take a break." Taehyung sighed.

"Yeah, with Jungkook's foot and Hobi unable to be there, concerts will look way different..." Yoongi added.

"Choreo has to be changed from seven to five." Jin said softly, already thinking about how much more they were going to have to practise not to get confused by the sudden change in formations. 

"I'm glad we have all the choreo down already. Imagine what it would've been like if we'd had to learn all these without Hoseok." Namjoon said.

"We shouldn't think about this." Jungkook said firmly. "We're only thinking about work, we should think about Hobi-hyung. He will be so sad when he finds out."

They all agreed to that. They had to make sure Hoseok was okay, that he wouldn't be sad, and if they were only whining about the concerts, about work, it would have a negative impact on their friend.

"Alright, so what should we-" Jimin started, but he stopped himself when he noticed Hoseok was stirring. 

"He's waking up guys!"