Chapter Thirty

The fair arrives at the end of October, a few weeks later this year and that much colder

The fair arrives at the end of October, a few weeks later this year and that much colder. Against all odds, the group arranges a meeting, and not a single person doesn't attend. Even if they'd all scattered to different corners of the country, Annabeth and Nico breaking those boundaries and heading for France and the Netherlands, respectively. Even if Thalia and Jason had to travel quite a few hours from California, where Thalia studies film and Jason proves again and again that he's an athletic prodigy.

Percy still feels nauseous looking at the rides that spin too fast and rise too high, the hot chocolate is still made of cheap powder and hot water, and Luke is still obsessed with every ride that gives him a rush. If Percy doesn't look too closely, it's almost like nothing changed.

Except, this time, Y/N's hand rests in the crook of his elbow, and she's pressing her nose against his shoulder in futile attempts to keep it from turning red from the cold. This time, Luke is carrying Thalia on his back, since she complained that she could hardly keep up with his long-legged steps, and they're more in love than any couple he's ever seen. This time, all of his friends exhibit small changes—in maturity for some, in appearance for others, in personality for most.

And this time on the Ferris wheel, Percy's not the only one who stares down at the fair, feeling a little larger than life.

A/N; Guys! It's over! I'm so sad this is over. You guys don't even know how attached I am to this book. Soooooo... Tell me what you guys thought! I can't wait to hear! Thank you, my loves! :) 

Also, if you love Percy Jackson as much as I do, make sure to check out my Percy Jackson One Shot book! Love you all!