Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I fly into the living room window that hasn't gotten fixed yet and land carefully trying to make sure that I don't bump around too much and cause myself more pain.

I retract my wings and walk down the halls to my room, still in my ice form. I close and lock the door. I look around my lime green room and make the ice slowly melt off my body, but keep it at a soothing cool temperature.

I look into the mirror and look at my charred reflection. My bangs have been singed off and clearly I have third degree burns on my chest and arm area. I apply medicine in my super human state and then I wrap myself up to where I have a wrap around my front, I have patches of where the fire hurt me and I have most of my toned stomach showing. Soon my body becomes a blissful numb from the medicine.

I change to my human state and cringe as the pain moves full force onto me, but the numbness from the medicine begins to help. I walk out of my room after treating myself and walk into the "Lobby" or entrance of the part of the Baxter Building

. I don't wear a shirt because the wrap helps me cover up any parts of my upper body that needs covered. I walk around and I walk to my desk gathering some calculations to recreating the storm. I was doing this whenever I had free time.

I pace the room thoroughly biting off my pencil trying to figure out if it would actually work. I walk to Reed's desk and look over some of it. I may have said that I was there to make them look formal but behind the way I look I actually have a brain.

I hear silent footsteps down the hall. I realize who they are and I don't look up just yet. Ben would have large stomps just because he is made of rock. Reed he would be very silent that I would barely hear it because of his flexibleness. Sue would annouce herself and plus you would hear the clack of heels.

"Enjoying the view, Johnny?" I say still concentrating on the problem. He stays silent for a minute and I can tell he is looking at the bandages with sadness. I change myself into my superhuman form, immediately evaporating the pain and I put a layer of snow around my bandaged area so he couldn't see anything.

I hear him walking closer to me and I don't look up from what I'm working on.

I feel fingertips barely touching my frost or second skin. I look up and I look to see Johnny's eyes full of tears. Soon enough they begin running down his cheeks. He looks at the ground, ashamed of what he did. I lift his face up with my pointer finger. I look into his eyes and run my thumb over his cheek, wiping away his tears.

"I forgive you." A smile glances over his face and he frowns again then runs off.

"Johnny!" I reach after him but decide to let him go. I figure out my equation and decide to go to bed. I walk down the hallway, notebook in hand and instead of making it to my bedroom I collapse on the sofa and fall asleep in a heap.

Johnny POV

"Hey Ben! Check it out! It's a miniature you!" I laugh and hold the toy up for Ben to see. I pull the string out and hear the rough voice that comes from the toy. I watch as Ben slams it into the wall right next to my head.

"Hey! That was a prototype!" I yell and watch as he strides away. Sue then comes around the corner.

"Hey Johnny, have you seen Ben?" She asks me and I can feel anger rising.

"Yeah for the last time I hope! I'm done with this Freak show. I'm moving back into the real world." I starting walking back words to the door way. I seem to do everything wrong. First its being a storm, then its accidently catching Scar on fire and actually giving her scars on her once flawless skin and now I feel so guilty and usless to everyone. I seem to put them all in danger whenever I'm around them.