Chapter 13

13.

As soon as I hear those words, I found it more difficult to breathe.

"I-I... I need to go. And you need to go, too." I bursted.

"You're always pushing me away." He sounded hurt.

"No. M-May... Kailangan lang talaga akong gawin para kay Laishah. Her birthday is coming, it needs to be perfect." This is the perfect alibi because I need to get out of here because I can't breathe. Even if I'm dreaming of him since the day we met at The Commander and now that he finally says he likes me, I'm still not prepared. I feel like a mess!

"Then let me drive you."

"You have work."

"Work can wait. Gusto pa kitang makasama."

Gusto rin kitang makasama pero kailangan ko munang huminga. Hindi ko kinakaya ang mga sinasabi mo.

"Can I drive instead?"

"Fuck, no. I don't want to get a heart attack." And I can't help but laughed at his immediate reaction as soon as he heard my intention to drive.

I raised my hands as a sign of giving up.

"Where to go, Miss?"

"Let's go back to Revel."

"That's where you plan on celebrating her birthday?..." I nodded as an answer to his question.

"... Okay, then. But you're the boss. Why don't you just assign someone to do this for you?"

"It's okay. Given what happened recently, my parents forced me to take a leave for one week. I have the time to do it so, I'll do the work."

"What happened?" Kade asked while frowning.

Oo nga pala, hindi niya alam yung nangyari recently. Kung paano ako hinarass ni Daniel at kung paano ko rin siya tinapunan ng mainit na kape. He was silent after telling him about that horrible day.

"So much had happened with that couple of days that I'm out of your life. I'll make sure that you're always safe with me."

It feels nice that he wants to protect me. "Let's... Let's not talk about it. I really don't want to remember any of it because it doesn't help me forget all the things that he said to me." I hope I just have the option to delete those words in my head. So that I will not think about it, so that it will not hurt me anymore.

"May pupuntahan pa tayo?" He asked after that easy talk I had with the General Manager of the club.

I shake my head after putting my seat belt on.

"Are you okay? Are you tired or, you just don't want me here with you?"

I looked at him, frowning. "What? I'm fine... you have work and I'm letting you come here with me to plan for Laishah's birthday. Ang laking abala na nun. I'm sorry."

"You don't have to say sorry, Babe. I want to come along... I see how important she is to you."

Oh, please... Here you are again, calling me that endearment. Hindi na naman ako makahinga. Naging okay na ako kanina nung nag-iba yung topic namin pero heto na naman ako.

"She deserves it... she's a very hardworking girl willing to do everything for her family."

He smiled before starting the engine. "Let's get you home, then. Para makapagpahinga ka na rin. And I can see you tomorrow, right?"

"I-I'm not sure."

He immediately turned off the car's engine. "Why? I'm planning to visit you at your house tomorrow."