eleven

**

There are some people in the world who are perfect.

One look at them, and they draw you in. They've got beauty, skill, talent, and beautiful smiled and catching eyes. You can't comprehend how they exist, how they can exist with no flaws. You're so far in that you're convinced they've got null problems- their existence is simply beyond yours.

Jeongguk felt that way about Taehyung.

Inferiority was one thing. Jeongguk was simple, wore the same coat 7 days a week and worked at a minimum pay job. His hair was simply brushed, his attitude was simple, everything about him was... ordinary. Jeongguk went 23 years of his life feeling ordinary.

Taehyung wasn't ordinary.

He was grand. Dripping with luxury, wealth, exuding an aristocracy which made you want to become him, yet want to be with him. His shoulders were wide, head held high, tall in his stature and confident in his demeanor. His words were elegant, smooth, rolled off his tongue without a thought, a doubt. It's as if he wasn't human at all, so far above anyone else- so perfect.

It scared Jeongguk. But now, peering in through wooden doors and seeing the blonde haired man lay on his back, eyes closed,  looking weak and smaller than Jeongguk had ever seen him- Jeongguk's perception changed.

Veronica was inside the room with a few doctors, discussing something quietly. Veronica looked scared, eyes a little wide. Jeongguk hoped Taehyung was alright. Rosie had left half an hour ago because she had work early the next day and had to go sleep. Jeongguk decided to stay, forget about his body's need for sleep. Taehyung felt of more importance.

"Thank you." Veronica said softly, and then reached for the door and walked out. She saw Jeongguk and looked agitated. "Why're you still here?"

"I just wish to know if he's alright, that's all." Jeongguk said softly and saw Veronica take a cigarette out, lighting it her other hand and then letting out smoke from her faded tinted lips.

"I don't know." Veronica mumbled, less taut that usual. Looking nervous- Jeongguk had never seen her anxious before. Veronica also seemed to be perfect in a way. "It- it wasn't a heart attack, thank goodness."

"What was it?" Jeongguk asked, and Veronica sighed. "A panic attack. Can you imagine? It's so stupid," Veronica grumbled, taking in another smoke. "I was scared he'd gotten hurt or something worse- but it's his stupid nerves being erratic." Veronica said, and Jeongguk saw her walk away.

"Panic attack? Why, w-what for? Taehyung seems so..." Jeongguk trailed and then paused. Veronica chuckled, running a hand through her dark hair. "If he wakes, do call me."

Jeongguk saw her walk away and then sat down on one of the seats outside. A nurse walked past him and then sighed. "You should really be gettin' home, dear. This is no place for a young man like you to spend his night!"

"My-my friend is in there. I just need to ensure he'd okay." Jeongguk said softly. The woman smiled. "Don't worry, dear. I'll tell him when he's up. You should go home and get some rest."

"I'm alright. I find it more comforting to stay," Jeongguk said, and then saw the doctors walk out. "Oh- um- is- is he okay?" Jeongguk asked, getting up.

"He's alright. It happens to many men! It's overworking, really. Ever since the depression they've given one man the job of ten. No wonder men are getting a little anxious. But you needn't worry, he'll be up by morning." The doctor chuckled. "Is his wife here?"

"She- she left, I think," Jeongguk said. He saw the doctors nod, turning to walk away. "Can I spend the night in there?" Jeongguk asked, and saw the doctors hum and nod. Jeongguk smiled and walked into the room, seeing Taehyung.