twelve

**

Rosie looked outside the tall window, her feet dangling onto the black wired balcony. Her hair was messy today, sitting in long curls on her small shoulders. She applied a coat of pink nail polish on her last finger and hummed to herself in delight, seeing it staying perfectly in his cuticle.

Rosie suddenly heard a soft gasp and looked down at the street from her balcony, and then felt her eyes grow curious upon spotting a couple. A woman, perhaps of her age or a little older with short blonde hair, and with her, a man. Tall, brooding, handsome, black hair slicked back. He wore a tight shirt with muscles evident below them, pants high.

"I love you, Diane, you know that." He rasped, and the woman giggled in delight, kissing the man's cheek. The man brought his hand forward and handed the woman a rose. The woman with the short blonde hair smiled, taking the rose with a blush. "Why, aren't you romantic?" She said, and the man smiled.

Rosie watched from her balcony, finding it endearing. She sighed to herself, seeing the couple trot along the walkway, holding hands, both laughing together in content. Rosie put down her nail paint, looking inside the living room from the balcony and seeing Jeongguk sitting on the couch, reading a novel.

Rosie stood up, walking over to her husband, the large white shirt he had on falling from one side, narrow shoulder blade and collarbone visible. Rosie hummed, standing in front of him, finding how he didn't look up at her.

"Jeongguk," Rosie said, and Jeongguk looked up from the book achingly. "Let's go on a date."

Jeongguk chuckled, and then hummed and looked back at his book. "It's far too cold."

"Oh but," Rosie began, and then sighed, looking outside the window. "It's February. That's the month of romance, isn't it! The day of Valentine's is approaching. Let's go out for a boat ride. And eat pastry from a little bakery by the shore. Doesn't it sound fascinating?" Rosie asked.

"It's too cold," Jeongguk said again, looking at his book.

Rosie felt her shoulders dropped. She sat down beside him, biting her lip, remembering how that muscled man from earlier on the road looked like he'd catch the stars for that woman. Oh, and how handsome he was. Wide shoulders, firm chest, a mustache, dark eyes, slicked hair-

Rosie watched how Jeongguk tucked his knees up to his chest, feet playing with one another. The man bit his bottom lip, entranced into the book, eyes wide and glimmering. He giggled to himself, bringing one finger to play with the locks of his hair.

Rosie turned away and found a magazine she bought earlier sitting on the coffee table. She picked it up and flickered through the pages, and then finally stopped on one. It was a picture of Aubrey Hepburn. She looked beautiful, hair in a bun, lips red, eyes doe-like.

"How beautiful," Rosie commented, and then felt a presence, and turned a little and saw Jeongguk looking at the magazine with big eyes. He hummed a little, looking dazed. "Yes. Very."

"Isn't she? You know, I saw this exact dress in a store the other-" Rosie began, but then Jeongguk put his fingertips on the page of the magazine, and Rosie looked and saw his fingertips pressing on an old picture of James Dean.

Rosie looked with confusion as Jeongguk tilted his head, sighing. "So handsome." Jeongguk purred, and then bit his lip. "He was so bad boyish, wasn't he? His eyes, they're killer," Jeongguk commented, mouth a little open, lost in thought.

Rosie nodded, ignoring her confusion and continuing to flick through the pages of the magazine. She reached another page and then heard a hum. "That pink doesn't really suit her complexion, does it? She'd look much nicer in a lighter tone. Perhaps a peach." Jeongguk said, and Rosie looked at him again.