Chapter 11 ~ Marinette POV

A/N: This chapter takes place right after Adrien leaves to follow Foster's voice, so while he takes on his mom and finds Foster and all that. I felt it necessary to get some Marinette in there for some context we don't get to see with Adrien! Don't worry, the next chapter will be back to Adrien's POV, I assure you!

Marinette watched as Adrien ran off, clearly following something. If only she knew just what he was following so she could stop him from messing with things he didn't understand.

She skulked back into the school, the dreary clouds overhead matching her mood. She was on her way to grab her things when she clumsily collided with a tall, blue-haired boy.

"Err, sorry Luka," she sputtered, not quite brave enough to meet his eyes.

"It's all good." He continued walking before turning back to her, making her look him in his eyes. "Are you all right Marinette?" His eyes showed genuine concern and it made Marinette want to tell him everything. Her emotions betrayed her and despite her efforts, a small sob escaped her lips. Once the floodgates were open, there was no stopping. As soon as he saw Marinette was crying, Luka wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly, letting her soak his jacket with her tears. He held her steady for a while, letting her cry until she was ready to talk.

"Oh Luka, it's not all right," she choked, "Adrien isn't the same and I don't know what to do without him."

Luka sighed before whispering into her hair, "You can always talk to me, Marinette. I understand that you love Adrien. You still do, but... if you ever need anyone to talk to?" He lifted her chin to make her face him, making her blush, "I'm always here."

Something about the way he said it— or the way he was looking at her— made her lean in just a little closer. She had to accept it. No matter how much they tried, the fact that Adrien was gone wouldn't change. And Luka was always so kind to her and... as hard as it was for her to admit, she loved him. Before she could change her mind, she closed the gap between their lips, just for a moment. She pulled back, looking for his reaction, to find that he looked adorably flustered. It still didn't feel quite right because of Adrien, but in a way, it was perfect.

"I knew you would move on eventually, Marinette, I just didn't realize it would be that fast," Luka teased, blushing.

"I'm still not over it, but things like this take time to heal. I loved him for years, Luka. I think you're the one who can fix me. You... you're my only hope." Her voice cracked on the last phrase and the tears started spilling over yet again. Luka pulled her close, letting her cry on his shoulder for a while.

By the time she finally let go, the bell rang, signaling lunch time. They reluctantly made their way over to the lunch room, Luka hiding Marinette and her puffy red eyes from the prying students. Questions she would rather have not heard were whispered through the cafeteria.

"Where was she?"

"Are she and Luka a thing now?"

"It doesn't surprise me that she was involved with this."

Each comment made Marinette want to bolt out of there and never come back, but she held strong. Luka was there for her. He would always be on her side.

~~~~~

School ended a few classes later. Luka walked her home, holding her steady. When they arrived at her bakery, Luka gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, telling her without words that it would be all right.

"Luka," she stuttered, "could you come with me? I need a friend and I'm so used to Adrien coming over after school." Adrien's name stung to mention, but she held firm.

He smiled sweetly, "Of course, Marinette. Like I said, I'm always here for you." Her cheeks warmed and she stared into his eyes for what was probably a moment too long before she pulled him into the bakery, walking upstairs to her room.

"Wow, this is your room?" Luka smiled. "I dunno, I always imagined it to be different." His eyes strayed over to the collage of Adriens so she directed his attention to her computer, gesturing to the game controllers.

"Wanna play?" She feigned innocence, acting like she barely knew how to play. He had no idea what he was in for.

"Sure!"

And they played and played, Marinette destroying him the whole time. They laughed and had a wonderful time, and she even forgot about Adrien for a while.

That is, until her phone rang and his picture popped up on her screen. Her heart stung at the reminder, but with Luka at her side, she braved it.

A/N: Sorry this chapter is a bit short, but I hope you liked it! Let me know what you think about Lukanette!