chapter two

It's been almost a month since we left Sparta and have been on the ship. And this morning I finally heard the words I've been longing to hear.

"I can see Troy from afar!"

Dashing out of my cabinet I run outside and truthfully, the distance between my homecountry and us is just some miles. My eyes tear up as I feel someone placing their hands on my shoulders. I turn around and my eyes meet Hector's kind ones.

"How are you feeling, sister?" He asks me, a sweet smile tugging on his lips. A tear escapes my eye but I quickly bring my hand up and wipe it, hoping Hector didn't see it.

"Moved. Nervous. Truly happy."

I simply tell him and he encloses me in his arms, placing his chin on my head in a caring way.

"You're finally back home, Amelia. We'll finally be a loving family again. All those years without you.. they were tough. Very tough. Father wouldn't leave his room for the first year. Troy almost fell in depression. But now you're back, prettier than ever and ready to conquer hearts."

I chucke at his words and watch as he brings his own hand up and wipes away my tears using his thumb. I didn't even realize I was crying.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I've missed this place so much. And the years without you guys were tough for me, as well." I tell him and he nods while softly caressing my hair.

"I know. I don't even want to imagine how it was like being a 17 year old girl in a completely unfamiliar city, surrounded by strangers."

I nod in agreement.

"But Dimitris and his family took good care of you, right? Father trusted them so much he sent them his own favorite daughter." Hector adds.

"Yeah, of course! They were the best."

We stood there with my older brother watching the ship gradually approaching the land.

And not even half an hour later I find myself leaving the ship with Hector, Paris and Helen by my side. The Helen issue wasn't discussed any further; Hector and I tried to make her feel as welcomed and comfortable as possible during the whole sail back home.

As soon as I set foot on my homeland, I can't help but burst into tears again. Hector is there - as always - hugging me and covering my face from the Trojans who came all the way down the beach to welcome us. We get on horses and are escorted to the city. I stare up at the impressive walls of Troy, walls that no enemy ever managed to detsroy and get through. Every single citizen has come out to greet us, cheer for us, welcome us the best way possible. Some people were even loudly chanting my name.

"Princess Amelia is back!"

Then finally, after seven long years, here I an standing in front of the palace. Father's luxurious palace, a place many Kings have been jealous of over the years. Hector is the first one to get off of his horse and he comes to help me get off too, while Paris helps Helen do so. We walk up the stairs to the main gate of the palace hand in hand, until my wandering eyes land on another set of blue eyes; Father's. My whole body starts shaking, limbs trembling and legs feeling weak. My eyes are stinging again from the intense desire to cry, as the most important man in my life is standing not even 5 meters away from me.

Hector senses my difficulty to react so he's the first one to approach him.

"Father," He bows respectively in front of the Great King of Troy.

"Hector." He acknowledges his older and strongest son, then turns to Paris and sweetly kisses his forehead. And then there's me, slowly approaching him.