chapter six

"What can't you understand? Your stupid plan won't work on the Trojans. They are smart unlike you."

Achilles angrily spits at Agamemnon, who turns to glare at him. How dare he speak to him like this in front of the whole Greek army?

"Do you have anything better to suggest, Achilles?"

"Yeah. Lead most of the army away from the walls and then try to break through them." Achilles shrugs, earning nods of approval from the rest of the Kings surrounding him.

Agamemnon scoffs. "Oh please. This is plain ridiculous, I think you're not aware of the fact that we are facing the strongest walls in history."

"To be honest, Agamemnon, you are ridiculous. An old, pitiful man desperately trying to plan out a war instead of slowly dying in his bed." Achilles says, causing Agamemnon to freeze in his spot.

Menelaus gets up to attack the younger man but Odyssey and some other soldiers step forward to hold him back.

"Leave this camp immediately!" Agamemnon angrily shouts, causing Achilles to chuckle sarcastically.

"I'm leaving. But don't expect me to come out in the battlefield and fight for you." He stares intensely at the King whose anger doesn't let him think clearly at the moment.

"As if we need you." He spits. Multiple gasps are heard from the rest of the Kings. What the hell is Agamemnon doing? The Greeks are nothing without Achilles and his army.

"Asshole," The latter whispers and turns around to leave.

"Achilles-" Odyssey tries to stop him but Achilles aggressively pushes him away.

"Go get the girl. Now. I'll teach this dickhead a lesson. He doesn't speak to a King like that." Agamemnon demands his men who leave the tent in an instant to fulfill their boss's wishes.

----

I sigh for the thousandth time today, my eyes wandering around the place in case I find anything handy to use on this asshole. He's placed two of his Myrmidons outside his tent to make sure I won't try anything. Just wait and see. I'm going to cut this throat of yours into two.

Suddenly, I hear a commotion happening right outside the tent. Is he back?

"I'm sorry but you're not allowed to touch the girl." A Myrmidon's voice is heard.

"It's the King's demand. We must take her."

What? Take who? Me?

"Sorry but that can't happen-"

"Step aside!"

Two armored men brutally enter Achilles's tent and head straight to me. I get up from the ground and try to fight them, but it's two huge men against a small girl. They grab my hands, tie them behind my back and carry me through the whole military camp. Where the hell are they taking me? Wasn't I supposed to stay with Achilles?

They stop in front of a bigger and more luxurious-looking tent. Menelaus emerges from the interior and, once his eyes land on me, he smirks.

"Hi there, princess Amelia. Looks like it's become a habit of ours to stumble upon each other. Don't you agree?" He says. "Brother! Look who's here."

King Agamemnon exits the same tent moments later. He checks me out, licking his disgusting lips. The need to throw up is back, but I show no emotion as I stare at him unimpressed.

"You're a tough one, I see. Don't worry sweetie, this act of yours will be dropped tonight." He speaks to me, then turns to his men. "Tie her up on that tree."