chapter seven

The cool morning breeze peaks through the tent and makes all the hair on my body stand. Freezing, I open my eyes and look around me confused. Why is it so cold?

My question is answered when I look at my naked body underneath the covers. My eyes immediately widen and I snap my head to a sleeping Achilles next to me. I reluctantly lift the blankets, only to find out he's wearing no clothes as well.

I tightly close my eyes and cover my warmed up face with my hands. So it wasn't a dream. It truly happened..

My eyes land on a shining object by the bed. Frowning, I step closer to see what it is and my heartbeat accelerates. It's a knife. I could end my torture right now. I reach for the knife with trembling hands and then stare at Achilles's peaceful face. He looks calm and innocent when sleeping but I've experienced first hand what he can do when being awake.

Careful not to wake him up, I straddle his lap and place the knife along his neck. I will put an end in all of this. I will save myself and my city. I will get to see Hector again. I-

"Do it," Achilles's deep voice startles me, almost making me drop the knife. I look down at him; he's opened his face and is staring intensely at me.

I shake my head. "I'm sorry but I can't bear to continue watching you take away innocent lives."

I tell him, my voice breaking in the end. Achilles places his hand on top of mine to help me get a tighter grip on the murderous weapon and brings our faces closer.

"Come on, Amelia. Do it, I dare you." He insists with a serious face. This man isn't afraid of death at all.

The tears blur my vision and it takes everything in me not to break down. I can't do it, I can't kill him. Why is this happening to me? Why do I want to protect our biggest enemy? What will Hector think if he learns what we did last night?

Frustrated, I throw the knife away and climb off of his lap. I leave the bed and lay down on the farthest corner of the tent. I don't have the strength to face him now. Achilles seems to respect that as he keeps his distance as well, staying in bed and turning around to sleep again.

----

"Are all our soldiers ready?" Agamemnon asks the army's general.

"Sir. Achilles won't come out to fight." He says, hanging his head low. Agamemnon clenches his fists in anger but keeps on a cool face.

"It's okay. It's not like we need him." He then turns to the army. "Let's go, soldiers!"

The Greek army makes its way to the battlefield where yet another powerful battle takes place. In the middle of this blood-spilling fight, Hector's gaze falls upon the two people he holds the most hatred against. The two terrible brothers who took his little sister away.

After killing and getting rid of any obstacles on his way, he approaches Kings Agamemnon and Menelaus.

"How is my sister?" He angirly spits. The two brothers look at each other and chuckle. Hector tilts his head to the side and Agamemnon clears his throat, turning serious again.

"Well.. let's just say she's been finally taught her lesson." He replies, causing Hector's pulse to quicken. He suddenly sees red and gets ready to attack Agamemnon, but Menelaus is quick to get in between and send a deathly glare his way.

"If you want your sister alive then you'd better keep your filthy hands off of my brother."

"What did you do to her, bastards?" Hector shouts.

"Hmm.. you mean apart from getting her completely naked, whipping her, playing around with her and almost burning her alive? Oh, nothing much don't worry. We would do more interesting things but a certain someone decided to suddenly play it lover boy."