A Letter To Write

I love my sisters. Everyone should love their siblings I believe. But they do not make it easy to love them unconditionally.

So I don't.

I love a good challenge but my affection has to be earned, like my respect. And when it comes to my sisters it's even harder.

Maria and Joyce were my only full blooded sisters after Barbra. Papa had many illegitimate children that he doesn't recognize so I can't be sure how many siblings I have.

But he prioritizes power and status over family anyway.  The best way to do that is to ignore the bastard's.

Thinking about my family I slam the door to my chambers open with a purpose. Or a fake confidence.

I look at my ladies and tilt my head in the direction of the door to gesture I wanted them o u t.

They don't hesitate to leave, forgetting their knitting on their rush out.

Huffing again, I pivot on the ball of my foot to fall onto my soft, soft bed.

One of my ladies was still here.

"Mari," I call.

She doesn't look up from her painting. But I can tell the old bat was listening. When was she not? The nosey German.

"Yes your highness...?" She trailed off.

She was expectant and yet very bored by the looks of it. I smirked at the thought that I had left her to deal with the twins practically alone.

"How was your day?"

She turned to me and scrunched her face, her nose flaunting her nostrils and I had half the mind to remind her 'wrinkles!'

"It was a recreation of the days I lived in France," she muttered.

I smirked like a bastard at her. Lifting my upper body to look at her through my eyelashes, elbows propping me up.

"Full of wonderful sex and beauty?"

She glared at me something fierce and nasty. Her pale blue orbs gazing at me so violently I swore she was plotting my murder and how to dispose of the body.

"....nein"

Oh that poor German witch- not really she was insanely religious- I had pushed her to her native tongue. I probably should feel bad about stressing my most trusted confidant at the time. But she was entertaining and pleasing to tease.

"Then what was it full of that has your corset strung so tight? You act like your dealing with a broken rib. Honestly, a whore in labor is less vulgar and bold as you, Mari."

Marista stares me down for a moment, before looking out the window in front of her.

"I narrowed down the list."

Nodding I move my arms onto my lap, allowing myself to fall onto my back on the bed. I stare at the ceiling with dead eyes and sigh tiredly.

"Who are the lucky bastards, Maritsa?"

This makes her chuckle lightly.

"I'll have you know I would never recommend you a bastard for a husband. That would be unseemly."

I roll my eyes good naturedly.

"But so far I see King Henry as a possible suitor for you- if you play your cards right "

She was doing one of those smiles again. Ugh.

I don't really know what to say or think about having Henry as a husband. But he would be very challenging that's for damn sure.

But at the same time....it would keep father out of my hair for good. Hmm. Decisions decisions.

Wait! That wasn't what I was here for!

Springing up out of bed completely I make my way to the book shelf and start skimming.

"I almost forgot what I was here for-"

"A good book, majesty? May I recommend Eros and Psyche? You always did love that myth if I am correct."

I turn my cold eyes to her for a moment before turning back to the shelf.

"No," I say matter of factly.

"Then what are you here for? Your almost never in your room anymore. Your always out somewhere! One of these days you should sit down or I just might consider tying you to that bed!"

Rolling my eyes again at the bat, I continue looking.

"I am here to write a letter-"

Her face seemed to lift up.
"Oh!, to whom your highness?"

I snap at her-" If you'll only give me a moment I'll be able to tell you, you horse shoe Suzen!"

I swear, you have never seen a face so red until you've angered a German woman of 5'6.

She rose from her chair huffing and puffing-" I shall have you know-"

"I whish to write a letter to my father. Get a quill, ink, and parchment."

Her face pales and she seemed to calm drastically from her spontaneous rage.

Bowing she makes her way to my desk to write my words. Waiting for instructions as always.

"What shall you have me write?"

The Letter

My Dear Father

I write to you in the hopes to rekindle our relationship as father and daughter. And lack there of.

I wish for you to know that I have taken it upon myself to remarry soon and you shall be much pleased to know that I already have possible candidates. Of course I shall ask for you blessings as per tradition and costum of our home and your whishes.

But I also want for you to understand and maybe even consider my new offer for you regarding my sisters upbringing and future. It has come to my attention that grooming them to be the perfect bed warmers is not as easy as it should be for a male such as yourself.

But I should have you know that I could groom them to be obedient and docile as they should be. You know as well as I the dangers of a woman off leash and without a male guidance in this horrific life and world we live in. I am more than qualified to do this as well as finding myself a suitable second husband.

I am but a servant to you. A servant who whishes to assist her leaders to please you better as you see fit to place us.

With love

-Cassandra

(A/n: I want you guys to know that this is all Cassandra being hella sarcastic 🤣 she's got a plan with her sisters as pawns so I can't day much🤷🏾‍♀️ srry not srry😝 see y'all in the next one😍 which should be soon. Like either later today or early tomorrow soon.)