As Queen Of England

(A/n:This is the other part to And Don't You Forget It!)

We continue to walk through the garden in relative peace before Henry decides to speak up again. "You said you knew from experience? You've been wed before?" He almost seemed surprised but I doubt it. Did he really believe I was new to this kind of thing? Marriage is essential for a woman to have a sterdy standing in this world right now.

I nod and keep my eyes forward. "Yes, my father had me married to a prince of Morea for about two? Years I believe. Time in Morea feels like lead in my opinion." True. All I could think about then was of of- never mind. Not even going to dignify that man with a thought anymore .

"Hm, you said that it was a poor match? How so?" He was surpirsingly respectful but I can only guess that he was like this to not scare me off. Heh, you'll have to try harder than that if you wanna scare me! I've seen just about all there is in this part of Europe and it bores me. 

"Well for starters he had a harem, none of the participaints were reconized as his wives. They never signed anything or said vows to preists.  Then there was how he expected me to join his..."activities". But what truly made it painfull was how he concived a daughter with one of those women and tried to have her crowned as his heir, mind you we hadn't even shared a marital bed yet." I sigh and apologize for over sharing.

"Oh no, please don't apologize! I should for asking, I don't mean to make you insecure." Henry said. I smile and shrug. 

"I didn't have to answer."

We continue to walk and chatted about our lives and basic get to know you conversation.  I decided that it was time to reil the conversation back to what we need to talk about. I don't have time to think about what poets I like when my future is hanging in this man's hands and he doesn't fucking know it. 

"So you and the Boleyn family are working an alliance out? And what of your Queen?" I ask. He had asked about my marriage, why would I not be able to ask about his? Henry looked confused and looked me up and down. I felt like I was walking in thin ice but I took extreme care in controling my face into a false calm that I've never felt in my life.

"What about that woman? She has failed in her duty as a wife and I was tricked into marrying her! She is my brother's wife and she tricked me into believing she was ever mine." He said. And with such conviction to.

"So you will be asking the Pope for a divorce I assume?" 

"Naturally."

"The very same Pope who agreed to allow you to marry her in the first place? And their stalling-"

"I don't exactly see how this is any of your business Lady-"

"You mean Princess Cassandra, " I begin to turn and walk in front of him backwards, " and it is my business to try and help a possible ally to be their best. If your not at your best than your value depletes. I may see you as a potential suitor for a more personal allience but I feel the need to stress that your lust with Anne Boleyn would eventually lead to no other realm's solid support outside of your own." Henry looks at me and I can tell he's peeved. I smile at him.  "If you wish for a personal allience I need you to be transparent in your current affairs. your divorce will affect not just your personal life but your relationship with Spain, France, Italy, and the Holy Roman Empire. Greece has strong ties with all these domains and while we would love to explore a similar one with England, we're not willing to go against our other allies. From a political stand point I'm sure you can understand."

He looks to be thinking and I make my way back inside ignoring the looks all the other men give me. I was done talking and I done with being called a Lady and a Princess. I aim to be a damn Queen.

(A/n: Hey, been a while ik. I really hated writing this chapter and I can't wait to move to the next. THx for your patience. ❤)