the nightmare "dream"

"Keith...

Keithh...

Kit, wake up!"

Jolting up beads of sweat slips down Keith's face as he's gasping for breaths of air, the terrible nightmare he has been getting since he was a child. His hand coming up to the right side of his face he grasps all the while trying to slow down his breathing. "It's just a dream, it's not real". Exhaustion takes over him and his world goes black.

The next morning Kogane wakes up to lance shouting and banging on the door to get up. That was before Shiro came in, "Keith get up, take a shower get dressed and come eat, it's already lunch". Groaning Keith rolls over after his leader leaves him so he can get ready. Looking at the mirror in his bathroom he looks like he was sleep deprived. Sighing Keith gathers his thoughts because he knows Shiro is going to scold him for his behavior he has lately. Walking out of the shower he grabs what looks like a makeup case, grabbing his supply of foundation he applies it underneath his eyes. "Keith! Come on! The B.O.M (Blade Of Marmora) are here and we need all the paladins for the meeting including you." Pidge says pulling her tired teammate along. Confused Keith questions, "Meeting? We don't have a meeting with the B.O.M until next week." Abruptly turning around Pidge mouth is gaping open at Keith's response. "Today is next week Keith! That's it you're coming to the med bay so Coran can get you checked out and don't you dare leave the room" she said pushing her friend into the med bay locking door. Sitting on the ground Keith is getting restless for it has only been 2 minutes he manually opens the door enough so he can slide through enough. Walking back to his room he starts to get tired again, next thing you know is that his footsteps are slowing, his strength to standing is failing him, Keith is suddenly feeling very agitated and annoyed. His eyes closing in on him his dream returns.

"Keith get your ass down here! Stop that whimpering you mutt! Come and please daddy." The man says. Running down from upstairs he skips a few steps down so he wouldn't get punished. The little Keith does what he is told and never disobeys. His tiny body is lying on the floor with bruises, cuts, and burning coloring it like a painted picture.

Keith feels himself getting picked up, he looks up through blurry eyes to see someone but he was too tired to care. He knew people were talking around him, he knew he was being carried by someone comforting but all he wanted to do was sleep and sleep he did. Regris, Ulaz and Thace look at Kolivan walking onto the ship with a limp figure lying in his arms. Getting up from the nest, Thace nears close to Kolivan that smells of a kit before looking down and sees the red paladin. Carefully taking the kit from Kolivans arms Thace brings him to the other two still laying in the nest watching them closely. Kolivan heads to the front of the cruiser with the door closing behind him starting the cruiser to the base. Making room for Thace and the kit they watch him clutch onto Regris's hand for what looks like dear life. Ulaz smiles as he runs his hands through the kit's human hair that feels like galran fur, his smile fades as no sounds come from the kit. Giving a worried look he lifts his head to see Thace with an angry expression wearing until a strangled chirp sounds. They discerned the sound from their kit who was trying to make galran kit chirps but struggled sadly. They knew Keith was born on earth from what the paladins have told them but even they don't know Keith's life besides Shiro. He wouldn't tell because it wasn't his story to tell and he is going to respect his brother's wishes, they understood that. Having his galran side pushed down for 18 years was very bad for kits seeing as kits can become agitated and annoyed. It can make them become aggressive (bloodthirsty) if and when they reach a point mentaly. Their bloodthirsty side will come out depending how bad their galran side has been ignored and their mentality. They can have severe blackouts, and get either depressed or happy or mad from what has taken place during the blackout. So they know they need to watch out for Keith since he's what they described him as a lone wolf but can also be considered a rogue wolf (lone wolf: a very independent or solitary person. Rogue wolf: A rogue is a wolf who has no official standing). A lone kitlan galra is hard enough though being a rogue and a lone makes it worse with Keith's stubborn, impulsive attitude. "We're going to have our work set out for us with kit.'' Regris spoke out, catching their nonverble agreement, "Hey kit you're going to see more of us so try to get along ok". As if hearing Regris the kit opens his glossy eyes taking a look around trying to make sense why he's not on the altean ship. Looking at the higher ups Keith hisses at them before a confused expression made its entry. Backing away from them Keith is huddled in the corner of the ship watching them warningly, after 20 minutes of just sitting there Keith slowly sets out to the closest one. Ulaz stayed in his place as the kit neared him, it was obvious that the kit was looking for some comfort but did the kit know that?. Sticking out his hand slowly he let's the kit sniff his unharming hand before rubbing against it in response. Scratching the kit's head made them happy that he wasn't opposed to them being in the same room at all or felt threatened by them. The purring stops abruptly making them all look at the kit who was looking at them with a scared expression wearing thin. Keith spoke, "Why am I here? I want to go back! please take me back!" as if a 180 had taken place. Backing away to give the kit some room to breath Ulaz replied calmly and carefully. "Kit, do you know what you are?" he asked, stopping his rapid thoughts Keith froze with the sudden question. "I'm like you aren't I? Is that why they didn't want me? Is that why I'm on this ship, is it because I'm a monster?" queries Keith, a small whimpering coming from him along with big blobs of tears pouring out of his glossy eyes. "No kit you are not a monster, a monster is something we create not something that is us; we are not born monsters simply events or things take place as we see it and hearts and trust become broken. Anything can create a monster but we are not monsters ourselves, do you understand?" Thace asked. Not answering the kit knitted her eyebrows trying to figure out why someone is not born a monster. "I still want to go home." he said looking at the spot he woke up in but not at them.