part 2

previously on KIT

Keith spoke, "Why am I here? I want to go back! please take me back!" as if a 180 had taken place. Backing away to give the kit some room to breath ulaz replied calmly and carefully. "Kit, do you know what you are?" he asked, stopping his rapid thoughts Keith froze with the sudden question. "I'm like you aren't I? Is that why they didn't want me? Is that why I'm on this ship, is it because I'm a monster?" queries Keith, a small whimpering coming from him along with big blobs of tears pouring out of his glossy eyes. "No kit you are not a monster, a monster is something we create not something that is us; we are not born monsters simply events or things take place as we see it and hearts and trust become broken. Anything can create a monster but we are not monsters ourselves, do you understand?" Thace asked. Not answering the kit knitted his eyebrows trying to figure out why someone is not born a monster. "I still want to go home." he said looking at the spot he woke up in but not at them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry kit you can't go ba-" "then when?! I don't want to be here, I just want to go back to lance and the others!! Let me go!!!" Keith said, clawing at the ground in frustration. "Hey don't do that kit you will go home just not now. Your needs as a kit have to come first." Kolivan says coming out of the front. He squats down in front of Keith's small frame picking him up and settling him back in the nest. Only after a few minutes Keith calmed down to a certain degree, his agitation only getting back at him from being bored. Thace on the side of him could sense the kit's frustration being in one spot alone. Getting out of the next Thace grabs Keith, earning a sudden small chirp from the boy. Carrying the boy to the hangar of the ship Keith sees the millions of stars reminding him of the milky way and home. "What are you thinking about kit?" Thace asks. "Home". Sighing Thace turns Keith to speak. "Not voltron. Home with my father before he died; He always told me mom came from the stars and I believed him." Keith said, keeping his eyes on the stars. "You don't seem to talk about your home to the paladins of voltron." Thace states. The topic about Keith's father was a sensitive one but one he'll happily tell. "My father was a firefighter, he was all I had since no one at school seemed to like me. It was just me and him. Always... until he died in a fire trying to save me". Stopping to take a breath the ravenette voice quivered. "I killed my father. Then Shiro had to take me in because I was my father's son and they were great friends." The raven boy just sat there in Thaces lap crying. The hotheaded and stubborn personality of his was just his walls. It was a vulnerable side of him he never let anyone see, not even his own dad. He really was just a fragile child, he's only 13 but he's out here fighting a war that isn't even his. Why in the hell did the red lion choose a child to help fight in this war? A kid who always got into fights, a kid who kept strong without showing his pain, his hurt. It was because the red lion chose him; he is the red paladin of voltron. His name is Keith Akira Kogane, half human half galran, a boy fighting for a war he was chosen for. A boy that was never acknowledged is a warrior.

Blast to the ship caught the two galra off guard. 

A/N: Hey guys it's jen, I really would like your help on this story of mine. any suggestion is well appreciated and welcomed. I might not have a computer or a phone because of my so called grades so if you never hear from me do expect my mom took away anyway of communication devices.

sincerly your author, jen.