01 Normal*

"Alic... Alic!.... Alaric Jameson Cloverfield!" A woman's voice rang through the house and into the small closet of a bedroom.

"Hu?" The small boy questioned, wiping sleep from his eyes. He sat up in his bed. The frame creaked in protest, threatening to collapse from that small movement.

"Get up now, boy!" The woman yelled furiously.

"Yes, momma Ray!" Little Alaric jumped out of bed, stumbling as his foot caught in the thin blanket, his face hit the ground.

"I won't ask again, boy, down here NOW!" Momma Ray bellowed.

Alic untangled himself from the thread bear blanket and sprung up. Throwing himself out the door and down the stairs, he made his way to momma Ray in the kitchen.

"About time, boy!" She yelled, grabbing his collar and throwing him into the room. "What good are you if you can't even listen!"

"Sorry, momma Ray." Alic responds, eyes cast to the ground.

"You just take the food in, then come and clean this place up!" She orders

"Yes, Ma'am." He says, taking the plates and leaving the room.

Alic POV

I enter the dining room to see poppa Jay, Beatrice, and Scotty sitting at the table.

"Hurry up, boy, we're hungry!" Poppa Jay orders.

"Yes, sir." I say, placing a plate in front of him and then my foster siblings.

"Where's my coffee?!" He screams at me.

"I'll go and get it, sir." I respond running back to the kitchen. I can barely reach the pot. Trying not to spill the scolding liquid, I place a cup on the floor and pour the coffee. On my tip toes, I slide the pot back into place and take the mug to poppa Jay. "Here you are, poppa Jay... umm... do you need anything else?"

"You out of my sight would greatly add to my day." He says. Tris and Scotty begin to laugh.

"Make yourself useful and clean up the kitchen!" Momma Ray says from her seat at the table.

"Yes, ma'am." I say and return to the kitchen to clean.

This is my life for better or worse. I wake up, serve my "family," and try not to get in the way. I don't know where I come from. I have real parents. I do! I know it!..... I think they just.... they lost me. They tell me I was found when I was two. I was unconscious, lying in the street, covered in blood. The scars on my chest make me believe them.

I remember the hospital but nothing before. I was at the Cloverfield home for a while. Since no one knew my last name, I got that one. Lucky me. My name itself declaring me orphan unwanted unloved alone.

I've been in this house a year now, so I guess it is home.

I pull a chair to the sink and climb up onto it. Filling up one side of the sink with bubbly water, my mind wanders. Are they looking for me? Is this it? Does anyone care? The sink begins to run over into the other side, breaking me from my thoughts. I quickly turn off the water and toss in the pans from cooking breakfast.

"Aren't you done yet?!" Momma Ray's screeching voice hits my overly sensitive ears. "You need to get ready for school, so hurry up!"

I quickly run water over the pans, clearing them of soap. "Yes, ma'am." I say, running out of the room. As I make my way to my attic bed room, I am stopped by Scotty.

"What's the hurry runt." He says, pushing me back. I hit the ground hard.
Scotty is a 10 year old who looks like a teen. He's not fat. It would be easier if he was. I'd have something to throw back at him. No, he is just tall and strong... I hate it!