17 Ruby*

It's not that I'm afraid of my dad or anything... but I got up at 3:30 and was showered and ready well before 4AM.

Shadowing Dad... not as much fun as I thought. He does a lot for the pack. By noon, he had called each sector leader for an update, met with the patrols during shift change, updated the pack records, ran a few laps around the pack boundaries, and spent 2 hours in fight training, and now after lunch, we are meeting with Alpha Aaron. I am beat.

"Afternoon Aaron." Dad says as we enter the office. "How are your boys coming along?"

"Good... we're sending Malak back to Red Rivers tomorrow so he can train in his pack... Lilly is going with him." Alpha responds.

"Not again! You don't plan on running over there every day again, do you?!" Dad asks.

"I think I'm too old for that now, Clayton... I'll see her every weekend... you boys get the weekend off you should be happy!" Alpha says.

The twins look at each other but don't respond. Looks like they've had a rough morning, too.

"How you guys holding up?" I link them.

"This is nuts!?" Ti says.

"History, physical training, paperwork, it never stops!" Malak adds.

"I know, right?! Did you know our dads did all this EVERY DAY!?" I ask.

"No idea!" they both link.

"How would you boys like to do some endurance training together?" Alpha Aaron asks.

"Ummm... define endurance training." Malak says.

"Don't Ummm me boy!" Alpha yells then begins  to explain,"Endurance training will be pushing yourselves beyond what you think you can handle and further... makes you stronger."

"Well, at least we get to hang out." Ti says, and both our fathers laugh.

●○●○●

"Keep running, boys!" Dad says as he runs ahead of us. I am dying! This is oddly like Uncle Rhy's punishment, but I did nothing wrong!

"You gonna let a couple of old farts like us show you up? Seriously, boys?!" Alpha yells.

"I'm done!" Ti flops on the ground. Malak falls on top of him.

"Me... too!" He pants.

I stop by them gasping for breath when our Dads come back to us.

"Come on boys, you aren't finished yet!... Get up, Ti!" Alpha orders.

"Noooo!" He groans.

"I think they need some... motivation!" Dad grins at Alpha Aaron, and they both shift.

"You boys better run!" Alpha links us, and we all jump up.

"Or what?" Ti yells, glaring at his father. Alpha nips at his hand. "owww! Seriously, Dad!"

"Start running!" Alpha links again.

We look at each other, then take off with two massive wolves nipping at us.

"You... guys... suck!" Ti pants as we get back to the pack house.

Dad and Alpha walk up to us in loose shorts, laughing as we lay in a heap.

"Not... funny... Dad!" I say panting for breath.

"You know my brother was right! It's fun to train people like this!" Alpha tells Dad.

"Kinda is!" Dad smiles. "Come on, Alic. Ruby will be home soon."

We head back to our house to find Ruby already there.