Chapter 1

BRITTANY'S POV

" Nate. No no. Remember. Fists tight." I reminded the small boy, taking his hands in mine, and tightening my grip.

" tight. Now keep going." I say, patting him on the head and standing up, walking towards the next child.

SHIELD is now training young agents. Ages four to ten. Agent East and I were put on this task, but Steve and Clint come by every so often to help out.

" Lu-east." I called over.

She looked up from where she was kneeling next to a little girl, no older than four, trying to punch the bag.

I found it almost cruel. Two reasons. Number one. We have to teach them how to fight at this age. Number two. The only reason why they are here is because their stupid parents either dumped them on our doorstep or they died.

" what?" She asked boredly.

" do you know what time it is?" I ask.

She looked down at her watch and sighed." Alright guys. Lunch break." She called.

The kids stopped what they were doing and took off the tape that wrapped around their tiny hands and walked over to us.

" follow me to the cafeteria. Single file line." I ordered, walking swiftly into the hall.

We had fifteen kids to work with.

Jenna, was our oldest at ten.

Stacey, Gregory, Claire, and Sam were all nine.

Erica and jack were seven.

We had three six year olds. Jessie, April, and Adam.

Two five year olds. Emma and Michael.

And last but not least our three youngest, who were four, Nate, Keira, and Erin.

" Brittany." A voice called.

I stopped and the kids and I turned to the voice." Nick." I greeted with a smile.

" how are things going with HAWK?" I asked in a low voice.

He stepped over to me and leaned in closer.

He started to speak but stopped, seeing the kids there.

" agent hill. Can you take the kids to the cafeteria? Thank you." He said as hill walked by.

She nodded her head and gestured for the children to follow.

Once they were out of sight fury sighed heavily." We're getting closer. By tomorrow we should have the coordinates. Doctor banner and mr stark are almost finished with tracing them." He whispered, looking over his shoulder ever so often.

There were rumours going around that there were rouge agents in shield. We didn't know for certain who they were but we knew that in this century, we couldn't trust anyone. Not even each other. But yet we do.

" well at least were getting there." I sighed.

He nodded and looked to me with a serious expression.

" we're gonna need some help."

I gasped slightly and couldn't help my inner fangirl.

" batman?" I whispered.

He cracked a smile and laughed." I was actually thinking some others. But if they don't work. He's a back up plan." He said with a wink, kissing me on the cheek before walking towards the control room.

" remember keep an eye out." He said.

I kept in a laugh and covered my mouth with my sleeve, shuffling quickly towards the cafeteria.

He's definitely special.

But aren't we all?

I smiled softly to myself as I walked towards the two table where the kids sat, putting my head in my hands as I thought of all that was going on.

My sister, is alive.

She supposedly died three years ago, in a car crash.

But now she's back. That's good. But then I realize she's evil.

She never was the one to be mean.

Her name was-is Sophie.

19 years of age , doing crime.

I never thought I would see my little sister doing such a thing.

She was so kind, always thought of others, never herself...

One question floated around in my mind.

What has he done to my sister?