¶ 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 ¶

You had the feeling you were being watched.

As you walked out of Sir Nighteye's office a little past sundown, you were certain that a pair of eyes were observing your every move. Thinking fast, your feet make the quick decision to take you in the direction of the train station, where you bought a ticket and got into the wagon without making any suspicious or sudden movements. Thankfully, you were able to get rid of the someone or something who had glued their eyes on you.

Once getting off of the train, you made your way back to your house. It was the last day of summer break, which meant that the next day would be your first in your third and last year studying at U.A. It was, at the same time, exciting and horrifying. This coming school year would also be the most tiring, since it would be the closest experience to what your upcoming pro-hero life would be. That was surely something to look forward to, right?

It was harder than expected, since you were always doubting yourself. You kept overthinking about situations in the future, like if you wouldn't be able to reach the top, if you'd remain as one of the small, hardly known heroes that would never appear on a news channel after a long day of fighting crime. That shouldn't matter, though, because becoming a hero was all about defending civilians and keeping the people who are unable to protect themselves safe. At least, that's what you'd always tell yourself.

Inside, you longed to strive to become a well-known hero, and to appear in the headlines of the news. You knew you hadn't been training for the past three years to become a crime-fighter to simply gain popularity.

Your reason was far from that, really.

It was all for your brother.

•••

Once you entered your room, you changed into some sweatpants and a t-shirt that was probably a couple of numbers larger than your usual size. You prefered baggier clothes to hang out in your spare time, than tight ones. It felt infinitely more comfortable.

You finally dropped your body on your bed, which gave you the sense of warmth and comfort once you wrapped yourself in the blankets. Once settling in, you turned on your phone and accessed your messaging app. You had a couple of missed calls from Mirio Togata, a close friend of yours which you gained intimacy with after having applied to work alongside him in Nighteye's agency.

Mirio☀️
Hey! Want to walk to school together in the morning? Me, Nejire and Tamaki were planning to grab breakfast at a café nearby, and since we're neighbours I wanted to know if you'd like to come too!

As soon as you read the name Tamaki, you felt your heartrate rise a bit. Seems like you still had a thing for the guy, even after not seeing him over summer break. It wasn't like your two-year long crush was going to suddenly disappear after being away on a vacation trip. You took a deep breath and forced yourself to reply, since it was a chance to get closer to the dark-haired boy.

You 🌀
Sure, why not? It's not like I have anyone else to walk with.

Mirio ☀️
Mhmm. Sure. You're totally not agreeing to come just because of Tamaki, right?

Your face reddens up in shock, embarassed because of how the male actually remembered the secret you revealed to him in second-year, when you were recovering from having over-used your quirk;

You felt tired and light-headed, and hardly anything that came out your mouth was understandable. After one of the one-on-one fights against Mirio, all of your energy had been completely drained. It honestly looked like you were drunk, telling your blonde friend how much you loved him, how he was important to you, how you wished that Nighteye would give you a shot to earn a spot at his agency, and how you had a major crush on the boy's best friend since the day you met.

You had a blurry memory of that day, but the male that had just teased you over text always had a good laugh when bringing the incident up.

You 🌀
Shut up. You're my friend. One of the only ones, really. So are the other two! Don't bring that subject up tommorow, or else.

Mirio☀️
Or else, what? 🤔

You 🌀
GOOD NIGHT, MIRIO. I'm not talking this over again with you.

Mirio☀️
See you tommorow 😉

You never understood how your friend liked texting with emoji's so much. It was kind of his own little thing, which you found cute.

After letting your phone charge on your bedside table, you turned of your light and said goodnight to your parents. They wished you good night, and vice-versa. You lay back in bed, adjusting yourself in your usual position, slowly drifting off to sleep.