𝒕𝒘𝒐

lifting his hand up to his mouth, your homeroom teacher whistles in an almost deafening way to steal the attention of his distracted students.

“alright, y'all, time for the one-on-one battle's with your pairs.”

Snipe placed both his hands on his hips, looking over the class that he had been teaching for three years now. he could still remember the excitement of the children on their first day, because to him, the years flew by in the blink of an eye.

that day, he had paired everyone into duos, but since this was your last year he decided to change the routine up a bit.

“instead of fighting your usual colleagues, i'm gonna mess your lifes up a bit. new pairs from now on, and i'll be the one choosing them.”

you turn to your side, seeing Mirio cross-armed beside you. he sighs, putting a hand on your shoulder just as your teacher calls his name out, paring him up with a different student that he wasn't familiar with.

“seems like we won't be pairs anymore.” you look up at him with a disappointed smile on your face, tucking a strand of your (h/c)-colored hair behind your ear.

“good luck on whoever you'll be paired up with.” he responds before walking away, waving as he did. you turned back to the cowboy-looking teacher who was announcing the new pairs, and a few seconds later, you hear your name being called out.

“let's see who's left... ah, yes. (L/n), Amajiki, go ahead.”

the both of you face each other, a smile forming on your lips to show that you were glad to be paired together. at least he was someone you knew, right?

someone that you wanted to get to know more.

“w...we should g..get going..”

he lowers his head when seeing you smile, which makes you feel instantly embarassed. you start regretting your past action as you follow him to a vacant part of the training ground, where you two began to battle.

”nice going, (y/n).” you scolded yourself, in your head.

•••

Tamaki jumps back as you throw a blue crystal in his direction, which turns into a ball upon impact with the ground. After dodging your move, he goes ahead and aims one of his mutated tentacle fingers your way like a whip. You're able to catch it, resisting the strength that was bound to knock you down.

you feel your feet being dragged back from the pressure that you were handling. it felt like your arms were about to fall off.

“just hang in there for a few more seconds. just for a crystal big enough to grow back.”

you looked up from the floor, diverting your gaze to Tamaki. you saw another tentacle being thrown your way. just as the other mutated limb was about to strike you down, you let go of the tentacle you were fighting back and throw a yellow crystal that had just respawned in the back of your head.

the crystal once again turned into a ball, this time, a yellow one. you jump a few meters back, panting and gasping for air.

as the ball hit the ground, you saw your opponent getting shocked by the electrical waves being emitted by your quirk. he managed to step back out of the zone of your attack, jumping once more, and summoning even more tentacle limbs to defeat you.

you tried dodging once again, almost sure that you'd be able to escape his attack. you had really good agility, and you were always great when it came to track and field training. but the memory of the feeling that froze your movements creeped back into your mind.