Chapter 12

~~~

The door to the gym opened.

"Sorry for the intrusion..." The voice seemed to belong to a little mouse as it was so quiet.

Noya nearly ran up at lightning speed to hug his sister before being grabbed by the collar by Suga.

She bowed while apologizing to everyone for being late.

"I thought you quit, sis!", Yū cried out. She bonked him on the head because this all would have been avoided if he had only had his phone on him.

The team laughed and got back to work, not wanting to keep their attention too much on Nishi because they knew that they'd make her nervous.

"Well, welcome back manager!" Daichi smiled at her along with the other third years.

Nishi watched the team pick up their volleyballs and start playing. She admired their hard work and realized that she did really want to be manager after all.

Sugawara couldn't help himself and walked up to the now official manager.

"How come you were late?" He smiled not wanting to seem rude.

Caught of guard, she fumbled with her words. "Th..this".

She held out her precious notebook in front of her. Suga looked at it and kind of got a basic idea of what it was based on the cover. The notebook had detailed drawings of silhouetted volleyball players in different positions. He pointed to the  setter silhouette and said that that was his favorite.

She giggled as she admired her handiwork, not as nervous as she'd usually be when showing someone her art...weird.

"The libero is my favorite" Y/n opened the notebook to show her senior the first and only filled out page. It had a simplistic drawing of what seemed to be her brother in a defensive position with his information and room for future stats.

Suga's mouth gaped open. "Woah...I didn't realize that you were into art, or volleyball for that matter!"

"Well you didn't even know who I was before yesterday!" She smiled and hurried away once Coach Ukai called for her.

"That's not true..." the third year thought.

~~~