Chapter 13

~~~

"Y/n, it's my turn!"

Tanaka ran up to the scaredy cat girl. He was her brother's best friend though so she was more used to him than anyone else on the team at the time.

She slowly opened her notebook to the next open page.

"Okay Tanaka"-

He stopped her from finishing. "You can call me senpai". He wiggled his eyebrows while looking proud of himself for saying so.

"Pfttt, isn't she in the same grade as you?" Tsukishima interjected. Yamaguchi covered his mouth and laughed at his friend. Tanaka gave him a death glare while Tsukki waved him off returning to the court with the giggling freckled follower.

"A-anyway... what number are you?"

He put his hands on his hips looking even more proud than ever. "Number 5!", he shouted causing everyone to look their way, clearly being disrupted by his loud mouth.

Nishi raised her notebook to cover her face from everyone's eyes while she let Tanaka finish.

"I'm the best wing spiked you'll ever see!"

"Doubtful", she thought to herself laughing somewhat nervously from the attention.

She quickly wrote the information in her notebook and returned to the bench to watch practice.

She looked at the two filled out pages. "Geez, it's only been two days but it's felt more like two years..."

She started to sketch out a drawing of Tanaka on his page just as she did with her twin. It was hard to copy him because he was constantly moving but she was used to Noya, afterall.

Pulling her from her daze, Coach Ukai called for her attention. He whispered in her ear his plan to get the boys ready for their next tournament that begins a month from now.

"I'll try my best!" He smiled at her and patted her head while giving her a thumbs up.

~~~