iv. debussy

CLAUDE DEBUSSYclair de lune

CLAUDE DEBUSSY
clair de lune

A MASSIVE HEADACHE POUNDED AGAINST THEO'S HEAD AS HE GROGGILY WOKE UP. He groaned lowly, his throat scratchy and dry from having drunk all that alcohol. He winced at the flood of sunlight that swept across his vision when he opened his eyes, and he found it strange because he usually kept the curtains drawn over his windows at home.

     Theo made another incoherent groaning noise, disliking the comfort hangovers brought him as he shifted around his bed to get into a better position that hid his face from the sun.

     Until someone else grunted irritatedly next to him from all the ruckus he was making.

     Without even a second thought on his excruciating migraine, Theo jolted to an upright position with his eyes flying wide open. Instead of navy blue and gray sheets and charcoal walls with fairy lights Katie had left strung up, he was met with blinding white sheets, white walls, and the bare minimum of furnitures and decors as though the room's owner had planned on evacuating the place.

     "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God," Theo blurted out repeatedly as panic began to rise in him. His heart began to speed up erratically at the unfamiliar place as he struggled to remember what the hell happened last night.

In the midst of his trepidation, somebody moved on the bed beside him and Theo let out a strangled yelp as he rolled off the bed, roughly hitting the floor.

"Shut the fuck up," a scratchy, feminine voice mumbled drowsily in French.

Theo slapped a hand over his mouth, his eyes practically bugging out of their sockets now as he whimpered. "Please tell me I didn't just shag a stranger," he whispered to himself, glancing down to see that he'd fallen off the bed buck ass naked.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," Theo was close to losing his mind now as he reached over and snatched his jeans on the floor. As he put them on, he peered over the bed on who the woman was.

She was sleeping serenely with the light casting a warm glow on her. She was lying on her front, the side of her face burrowed in her pillow that Theo could only make out a quarter of her features. Long, cascading blonde hair that was rumpled — perhaps from last night's activities — with a pretty nose and high cheekbones. And for a moment — Theo paused as his eyebrows furrowed on how there was something about her that seemed familiar.

A memory from deep within tried to resurface, but no matter how hard Theo tried, he couldn't bring it in himself to remember.

The woman shifted again, moving her head to turn away from Theo as she lay on the other side of her face. That small movement caused the sheets over her waist to dip lower, and Merlin damn him, but Theo couldn't stop his eyes from trailing from the smooth skin of her bare back to the curve of her well-rounded —