v. enescu

GEORGES ENESCUpoema română

GEORGES ENESCU
poema română

ADALENE HADN'T BEEN AS NERVOUS AS THIS IN A LONG TIME. With a pride and ego the size of Voldemort's head, she never usually got stage fright or worried that she wouldn't be able to perform something well. But being right in the heart of the Ministry of Magic created a spark inside her chest — warmth flooding throughout her from head to toe as her breathing faltered in anticipation.

She was finally here — she was one step closer to Grand-père and whatever it was he'd left that her parents were keeping from her.

Swallowing roughly, Adalene straightened her back and headed straight to the elevator. She fidgeted with her white pencil skirt, slightly worried if the back was stained or if the ends were frayed. The woman standing behind her seemed to understand her fussing, and gave her a thumbs up, indicating that her skirt was fine.

Adalene smiled in response for her thanks, giving a small wave before the elevator stopped in her level. She walked out, feeling a little more confident than earlier as she made her way to the lawyers' section of the floor. Turning left in the corridor, Adalene threw a hasty glance behind her at the opposite hallway where she knew Tessa Malfoy's office was at.

She'd informed her friend through a Patronus charm that she'd be living in London for the next couple months or so, and Tessa had sent one back that she wouldn't be working on Monday, but that she wants them both to meet up some time soon. Adalene was looking forward to seeing her again — albeit it was slightly bittersweet how much Tessa would remind her of Philip.

     Speaking of Philip — Adalene had yet to mention about their breakup. Except there was the possibility as well that he'd already told Tessa about it, after all they are best friends.

     "Ah, you must be Miss Adalene Belliveau!"

     Shaking all thoughts of her personal life out of her head, Adalene found herself entering a large space with a front desk at the center. Around the booth were several doors to the different offices of the lawyers who worked in here. The place was clean and spotless, and there was the fresh scent of plants that decorated the room.

     "Hi, and you must be Miss Florence Lachley, it's a pleasure to meet you." Adalene smiled widely, stretching an arm out to a petite brunette who shook her hand.

     Florence was much shorter than her, only coming up to her chin. She was dressed professionally in a black pantsuit and matching top with glasses framing her bright blue eyes. When she grinned right back at Adalene, dimples formed under her eyes and high on her cheeks.

     "Please — Miss Belliveau, the pleasure's all mine." Florence reached across her workspace and picked up a clipboard that had a stack of papers already in it and a lanyard that had her ID. She gathered them and set it on top of the desk before turning to Adalene. "First and foremost, I'd like to welcome you to the Ministry of Magic — I'm very excited to have you working with the lot of us!"