Chapter 10

Bram's P.O.V.

Wes and I woke up to Axel blasting his rap music from a huge speaker he managed to get into my room.
I guess I forgot to put the chair under the door last night.
Wes and I got up and carefully moved the speaker into the hallway.
We shut the door and put the chair under the door after locking it.
I took a quick shower and then changed into jogging pants and a hoodie.

Wes and I went to the kitchen after ten minutes and ate some cereal for breakfast.
Axel came into the kitchen and a guy followed him.
Then two guys walked in with Axel and I knew there was danger ahead.
I tried my best to ignore them, but Axel saw the fear in my eyes.
"Scared, shithead? Good. You should be." Axel smirked.

"When are you leaving, Wes?" Axel asked him.
"Uh, um, th-three o'clock." Wes answered.
"Sick. Shithead, Three o'clock, you die." Axel smirked at me.
Axel left the room with his friends and I tried to think of ways that I could protect myself from Axel.
Wes and I finished eating our cereal and I washed our dishes.

We sat in the living room and were watching Star Wars when Axel came downstairs with his friends.
"Out. Baseball overrules Nerds." Axel told me.
"No." I replied.
Axel scoffed and then said "Fine. I overrule you. Now scram before we murder you." He said.
Wes and I went upstairs and sat down.

"Want to go in the pool?" I asked Wes.
"Sure." He answered.
We both changed into our swimsuits and went outside after grabbing towels.
Axel saw us walking towards the back door with our bathing suits on and he got up.
Wes and I ran to the backdoor and threw our towels onto one of the chairs.
Wes jumped in and I almost did, but Axel grabbed my arm.

Before I could jump in, Axel lifted me up and let go of my arm.
I yelped and he laughed.
Axel threw me into the pool head first and then went inside.

Wes and I swam for a few hours and then decided to go back inside.
We got changed and went downstairs.
There was a knock on the front door and Axel came downstairs.
"3 o'clock. Right on time." He said looking at his phone.
My face fell while Axel smirked at me and ran his finger across his neck as he opened the door and stood behind it.
Wes went upstairs and to grab his bag and I went over to the door to greet his parents.

"Hey Bram. How are you?" Wes' mom asked.
"I'm good. How are you?" She answered.
"I'm great." I answered.
I put my shoes on quickly and Wes came downstairs.
"I'll walk you guys out." I said.
I walked with them outside and went to their car.
"Hey Bram." His dad greeted.
"Hey is for horses." I said.
He usually says that whenever I say "hey" to him.
He laughed and said "How about you come over and hang out with Wes? We'll bring you back after dinner."
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Of course. Wes's mom is making that meatloaf that you like." He answered.
"Okay. I'll text my mom to tell her where I am." I replied.
I got into the car and quickly texted my mom where I was.
I texted Axel that I was going with Wes and he looked at it but didn't respond.

I spent the next few hours at Wes' house and ate the amazing meatloaf that his mom made. Wes' dad drove me home and as soon as I walked in the door, I was greeted by my mom yelling at me.
"Bram Clint Califf! Why didn't you ask permission to go to Wes' house?" My mom exclaimed.
"Mom, I texted you." I said.
"You didn't ask Axel for permission. He was supposed to be watching you and Wes." Mom replied.
"Well he did a pretty lousy job if you ask me. He didn't even greet Wes's parents." I said.
"It doesn't matter, Bram. You didn't ask him for permission. You're grounded for three days. No going to Wes's house, Wes isn't coming here and you're not going anywhere unless it's a family thing." Mom told me.
"Axel is with his friends but when he gets home, you're going to apologize to him." She added.
I sighed and went up to my room.

When I walked in, my door shut behind me.
I turned around and saw Axel.
"You seriously thought you could get away that easy?" He scoffed.
He started punching me and then put me in a headlock.
Axel kicked my legs out from under me and let go of me so I would fall.
He put his knee into my back and punched my back a few times.
He kicked my side and then left my room.

I laid there in pain and realized that he left my door open.
I crawled over to it and kicked it shut.
I cried for a few minutes and found the strength to get up.

As I sat on my bed, I realized that Axel put my TV back into my room.
I was watching tv when somebody ran into my room and to the other side of my bed.
They had their hood up and they hid on the other side of my bed.
I looked down at them and said "Who the hell are you?"
"Axel's friend. We're playing army tag. Now shut up before you give my hiding spot away." He replied.
"You seem like an asshole." I said.
"Axel! Come get your friend out of my room!" I yelled.
"What the fuck, kid?" Axel's friend sighed.
"Don't be an asshole and I'll defend you." I said.

Axel walked in and tagged his friend.
His friend walked over to my action figures and he pushed a whole shelf of them off.
He stepped on a few of them and then walked out.
Axel had walked out before his friend did so he didn't see it.

I went over to my action figures and most of my Star Wars action figures were broken.
My Darth Vader, Yoda, Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Anakin Skywalker were all in different pieces. The only salvageable pieces were from my Kylo Ren, Princes Leia, R2D2, C-3PO, and my BB8.
I put the ones that weren't smashed to pieces back onto the shelf and Axel walked into my room.

"What'd you do?" He asked.
"I didn't do it. Your asshole friend did it. He pushed all of them off the shelf and stepped on them." I answered.
"Well no shit. If I wouldn't get yelled at by my dad, I would have broke all of your nerd shit a long time ago. I just came in to tell you that you're worthless. Oh, and if you ever call my friends names again, I'll let them go batshit crazy on you." Axel replied.
He left my room, not caring and I went downstairs to the garage.
I found super glue in one of the drawers of the workbench and went back to my room.

I tried my best to super glue them back together, but it looked super horrible.
I walked downstairs past the front door where all the shoes are and I saw Axel's friend's shoes.
I knew they were his since he had them on when he stepped on my action figures.
I got some gum out of the pack I have in my jacket pocket, quickly chewed some and put it all over the bottom of his shoes.
I took some super glue and since his shoe laces were undone, I stuck one of them to the bottom of his shoe.
I went back to the garage and put the super glue away.

I sat in the living room and watched tv for a little bit and Axel's friends came downstairs with him.
"Nice shoes." Axel said.
"Thanks. I just got them yesterday. I'm trying to keep them super clean." His friend replied.
"You're gonna have to try a lot harder." Axel laughed while pointing to the gum.
"No! I must have stepped in gum when I was at the mall." His friend sighed.
"I'll get it off when I get home." He added.

His friend walked out after putting his shoes on and Axel put on his shoes.
He saw me sitting in the living room and he walked over to me.
Axel punched me a few times and pulled my shirt over my head again.
Axel walked to the front door and left the house.
I watched tv for an hour and then went to bed.