Chapter 16

Bram's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of people talking outside my door and I debated going to see who it was.
"Is anyone else home?" I heard a girl ask.
"No, just my stepmom's son. He's asleep though. He doesn't wake up until late in the afternoon." Axel answered.
Oh hell no, he has a girl over?!
"Okay, where's your bathroom?" She said.
"It's right over there." Axel replied.
"Okay, I'll just be a minute." She told him.

I saw my door start to open and I quickly closed my eyes.
As my door started to creak closed, I said "Use protection."
"You little shit! If you tell my dad, you're dead." Axel whisper yelled so the girl wouldn't hear him.
"He'll kill you first when he finds out so you won't be able to kill me." I smirked as I opened my eyes.
Axel walked over to me and said "What's your price?"
"Aquaman." I replied.
"Fuck no." He scoffed.
"Fine. Twenty dollars." I said.
"Double Fuck no." He replied.
"Fine. You can't beat me up for today and tomorrow." I told him.
"Alright, I won't beat you up for today. That's the best that you're getting." He replied.
I nodded and he left my room while shutting my door.

I put my headphones on and listened to music while I played video games.
After forty minutes, my phone rang and it was Will.
"Hey Will." I said quietly.
"Hey Bram, is Axel there? He's not answering his phone." Will asked.
"Yeah, he's sleeping and I think he said that his phone is charging in his room." I answered.
"Oh, can you wake him up please? It's important." He replied.
"Okay, I'll try." I lied.

I didn't say anything for ten seconds and then I pretended that I was waking up Axel.
"Axel, Axel." I said quietly.
I held my phone away from my mouth so it would sound believable and then waited a few seconds.
"Sorry, Will. He won't wake up. I guess he's a deep sleeper." He replied.
"Okay, when he wakes up have him call me please." Will sighed.
"Okay, bye Will." I said.
"Bye." Will replied.
He hung up and I went back to playing video games.

My door opened after thirty minutes and a girl walked in.
I took my headphones off and paused my game.
"Hey." I said.
"Hey, is Axel here?" She asked.
He has two girls over?
"Yeah, let me go get him. Just stay right here." I said and walked out of my room then shut the door.
I knocked on Axel's door and I heard him walk over and open it.

"What?" He asked.
"There's one of your friends here." I answered.
"Oh. Well Pearl was just leaving." Axel replied and the girl left his room with a bunch of textbooks.
As soon as she walked downstairs, I went to my room and opened my door.
The other girl walked out and Axel said "Sorry, Camilla. I was taking a shower."
"Oh, it's okay." She replied.
They went into his room and Axel shut his door and locked it.
I went downstairs and saw Pearl's car pulling out of the driveway.

I made myself a sandwich and while I was eating, there was a knock on the door.
Of course, the minute I sit down to eat, somebody comes.
I opened the door and Axel's friend James was there.
"Hey Loser, is Ax here?" He asked.
"Yeah. He's upstairs with somebody, if you're catching my drift." I answered.
"Oh, I get it. How long do you think he's gonna be?" He questioned.
"I'm not sure and I don't really want to know." I laughed.
James laughed and said "Okay, my mom is painting the house and I have to get out of the way, so I was wondering if he wanted to hang out."

"Okay. I'll tell him to text you when he is done." I replied.
"Alright, later loser." He said and I shut the door.
I went to the kitchen and finished eating my sandwich, then got a snack size bag of Doritos and a water.
I brought it to the living room and James's car was still sitting in our driveway with him in the driver's seat.
I sighed and got another bag of chips and one of Axel's energy drinks.
I put my shoes on and Axel's old hat that he gave me, then I went out to James's car.