Impulse

~Time skip: 2 months~

Hyunjoon moved a potted plant outside with a few others. It was pretty nice out compared to a few days ago. He looked up as he could hear a small commotion going on.

"You aren't authorized personnel. Please leave." the botanist said sternly.

"Kevin?" Hyunjoon said in surprise.

"You know him?" they asked.

Kevin pushed past them and gave him a love filled kiss. The others averted their gaze.

"First, wow that was amazing. Second, what are you doing here?" said Hyunjoon, holding Kevin in his arms.

Kevin sighed heavily as he took a seat.

"I was thinking about you. I got really sad and went online to buy a round trip ticket. But I stopped myself. We were practically at the halfway mark. So I got drinks to celebrate and got drunk. Woke up the next morning with a round trip flight to Iceland then back home." Kevin explained, wallowing in shame. "So I figured I might as well go and see some sights."

"Sorry everyone. This is my husband, Dr. Kevin Moon. He's in the botany biz like us." said Hyunjoon, properly introducing Kevin.

Kevin waved, realizing they had all heard his embarrassing story.

"My apologies for bursting in like this. You all must be very busy." apologized Kevin, truly feeling guilty. "I'll make my way out."

"Why don't you stay a while? You are in the botany biz like us. We'll overlook this." said the botanist, earning nods from the others.

"Looks like you got lucky Kev." Hyunjoon said with a snicker.

🌸 🌼

"So, how does it work...?" someone asked as they were on a break.

"How does what work?" Kevin asked.

"Like, who's the guy and who's the girl...?" they asked.

"Simple, we're both the guy and girl at the same time." said Hyunjoon, ending that discussion.

"And I know what you're going to ask next. See, it's real simple. My index is a penis and this zero is an asshole. See? Simple." said Kevin, repeating the gesture.

"Uh... thanks I guess..." they mumbled as they walked away.

"You scared my coworker." Hyunjoon commented.

"I could've done worse. Anyway, enough about them, how are you? Everything okay?" Kevin asked, holding his hands.

"Yep, and that's the truth. So, where are you staying? Perhaps I want to pay you a little visit." said Hyunjoon, raising an eyebrow before kissing his knuckles.

Kevin wrote down the address then stuck the paper in his pants pocket. He moved in for a kiss just as Hyunjoon was called back as his break was over.

"See you later?" Kevin asked as he held him back.

"Of course." he responded before taking off.

Kevin sighed in bliss. It felt like ages since he last held Hyunjoon in his arms. He had an entire week to enjoy what he could of Iceland before he had to catch his plane back.

🌸 🌼

Kevin sat in his hotel room as he worked remotely with his assistants. He usually didn't let anyone other than Hyunjoon into his private room, but he had to make an exception since neither of them were there. His assistants happily waved to him before ending the call. He had two options. Either continue working or have fun.

He found himself walking back to the hotel in the dark. He didn't expect to have spent so much time outside. Then again Hyunjoon never gave him a time so he wouldn't necessarily be late in meeting him. Kevin entered the lobby and saw Hyunjoon pacing off to the side. Their eyes met and he soon found his shoulders being seized.

"Why weren't you answering your phone?" Hyunjoon asked, worry clearly laced in each word.

"Oh. I guess I left it upstairs. My fault." apologized Kevin. Kevin led him upstairs and couldn't help but feel uncomfortable with Hyunjoon's staring. "I said it's my fault... stop staring."

The doors opened and they stepped out in silence. Hyunjoon stopped, causing Kevin to do the same.

"You knocked back a few drinks haven't you?" Hyunjoon pressed.

"Nah." replied Kevin, missing the keyhole. "Yah..."

Hyunjoon took the keycard then slid it in. The door opened and he pulled Kevin inside. Hyunjoon sat down on the bed as Kevin stripped away his clothes.

"You always get mad whenever I come home slightly buzzed..." grumbled Kevin, tossing his shirt.

"Because I don't know who you could've been drinking with. What if they drug you and take you home with them? What am I to tell the police then?" Hyunjoon explained, pulling his half naked husband onto his lap.

"You know all my friends and I usually go drinking alone... but if it worries you, come with me." Kevin said in a low voice.

Hyunjoon gave him a peck on lips before lying down on the bed with him in his arms. Kevin nestled closer, his body recognizing the familiar warmth.

"I love you, Juniper..." Kevin whispered, looking at Hyunjoon through half open eyes.

"I love you just as much, my moonflower." Hyunjoon replied, gently stroking Kevin's hair. "I'll be here all night, so if you need anything, just ask."

Kevin gave a slow nod before drifting off to sleep. Hyunjoon tucked Kevin in before turning off the lights then climbing into bed himself. He technically wasn't supposed to stay outside of his designated lodging, but just this once he'd ignore the directions given to him. It'd be ages before he ever felt Kevin in arms like this. Kevin turned in his sleep, cuddling close to Hyunjoon. He was going to miss him when he went back home.