Mr. Botany

~Time skip: 1 month~

Kevin ate breakfast in dead silence. Just two more months to go. How he managed to survive this long, he wasn't exactly sure. Was it through constantly flipping through photos in their memories album? Was it cuddling with Hyunjoon's pillow every night, imaging he was there? Whatever it was, he was grateful that it was working. He lowered his fork, his eggs and bacon breakfast with toast not tasting as great as it used too.

His phone started to ring, making him wonder what was going on. It was from Hyunjoon. Was it another emergency?

"Hello? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Kevin asked in rapid fire.

"I am. My heart hurts. I missed my beloved Moonflower." said Hyunjoon, lying in bed underneath the covers.

"Wait, isn't it still early there? Why aren't you sleeping?" fussed Kevin, ready to hang up.

"In truth I couldn't sleep. So I called you. Sing me to sleep like you usually do?" Hyunjoon asked in a soft voice.

Kevin cleared his throat and drank a bit of his juice before belting out a familiar tune to the both of them. Hyunjoon held his phone close, relishing in Kevin's beautiful voice. He felt like the luckiest man alive, having Kevin all to himself. Kevin had finished singing, but Hyunjoon was still wide awake.

"Juniper?" Kevin called out softly.

"Yes, I'm still awake... Guess I'll try counting sheep and bore myself to sleep." muttered Hyunjoon as he moved to hang up.

"Wait, before you go..." said Kevin, drumming his fingers against the table's surface. Hyunjoon hummed in acknowledgement. "Call me by name again..."

"Moonflower." Hyunjoon called out softly. "I love you, my precious moonflower."

Kevin covered his face with his hand in an attempt to hide his emotions. Hyunjoon said his farewell before hanging up. It was then Kevin broke down in tears, his heart bursting. He loved Hyunjoon so much and not being able to express it with words was driving him insane. The tone of voice Hyunjoon used specifically when calling him moonflower always nearly broke his heartstrings. Two more months. Two more months until he'd be able to express his love with more than words.

🌸 🌼

"Dr. Moon! I think these might have a bug problem." Mariebelle said, holding one of the potted flowers.

Kevin took the pot and started to inspect it. Sure enough, there were small bites on the petals. He had her stay and watch in case a situation like this came up when neither he nor Hyunjoon were present. He led the bugs out of the dirt then placed them in a contained space.

"Take them outside and free them. Next time, pay attention to what you're doing." Kevin warned before sending her off.

Kevin decided to make his rounds with the other flowers, making sure other bugs haven't nestled within the soil. Mariebelle came back just as Kevin fished out a few more bugs from another flower she was assigned to. She shrunk back at the sight of Kevin's disappointed face. The door opened as Kevin lectured her, causing the newcomer to stop in their tracks.

"Should I...?" they asked.

"No, I'm just about finished with her. Seems she wasn't properly taking care of her assigned flowers, so now I'm going to ask you to show me yours." Kevin said.

They nodded then hurried over to their space. Kevin silently checked them over, quite pleased with the results.

"I can always count on you, Yoonmin." said Kevin before looking at Mariebelle. "Don't disappoint me again. Take pages out of Yoon's book if you need to. I want to see you succeed."